Skip to content

Great signings lately IMO, but.....

2»

Comments

• I retract the harsh/ unpleasant word I used. I appesiate the word I used was misplaced. My apologies if I have cased unwanted insult

• @Alexo said:
    I retract the harsh/ unpleasant word I used. I appesiate the word I used was misplaced. My apologies if I have cased unwanted insult

Deliberate errors @Alexo?

• As in irony.

• Haha! That's up to you to decide.....

• can someone tell me what the deadline is for signing a keeper? I mean when does the window close.

• When it gets colder!

• Window closes 31 August but games will already have been played by then. I believe players can be signed upto 5pm the night before a game, so could wait until at least Friday 5th August to sign one (may be slightly wrong about time). Have no fear, Richardson will not be first choice keeper for crawley.

• edited July 2016

• The latest signing was a surprise, Being a miserable old sod I can see it ending in tears because a lot of teams will be going all out to get him sent off and the referee's will be watching his every move. Was his signing up a hope of getting more press coverage for the club( That has every chance of being negative) because a player shouldn't be bigger than a club. but being a miserable old sod what do I know ,getting a player on a free might just be the icing on the cake.,

• It may surprise you to learn, but according to the ever-useful Soccerbase, Akinfenwa has only been sent off 4 times in the last 13 seasons, coupled with 53 yellows. Which I'd wager is a far better disciplinary record than a few of our other players.

• I bet his foul count is right up there with anyone though.

• edited July 2016

@Malone said:

I bet his foul count is right up there with anyone though.

The last time I saw Akinfenwa against us I thought he was often maligned in the sense that the ref would blow for a foul whenever one of our players inevitably bounced off him.

• Yep, he's not actually that aggressive a player, but on sheer size will give loads away.
    It's going to be like Peter Crouch on the international stage all over again

We're really going to have fun at set pieces when he's on the pitch though.

Imagine a scenario where you have Akinfenwa, Stewart, Jombati, Hayes and Thompson all needing to be picked up. Not to mention having more slight, but really good for their build Paris and O Nien in there too!

• You don't think Pierre will be on the pitch then?

• That is one horrible oversight on my behalf!
    Add him in!