Skip to content

Wycombe legends

What a great nostalgic afternoon at Penn and Tyler's Green today watching the class of 93.highlight for me was Scotty heading home a brilliant Guppy cross. Them were the days!

Comments

• A great afternoon, superbly organised by the Penn officials.

• great fun game and gupps crossing still great and Scotties header and the guys kids playing with the dads was a nice touch as well

• scottie said that is the last legends game perhaps the ex players may consider a pre season charity game for the post 93 players in future

• Glorious nostalgia, did very well to get the true gems of that period of our history back, Hyde, Cousins, Crossley, Creaser, Carroll, Stapleton, Ryan, Scott, West, Guppy, Thompson, and backed up with a few others like Ryan's cousin (sorry, forgotten his name!) Harkin n Wraight.

Clearly the 2 Scotts on the programme were his kids, but whose kids were the other 2? Had different surnames to any of the players.

Game was the usual bunkum, but a few stand out moments, the Guppy to Scott cross mentioned earlier the peak moment, huge cheer. Harkin's effortless winner, and some nice touches and crossed from Gups.

Rhino and Gups still look in pretty good shape, whereas naturally some look very much their age. Which is fair enough pushing, or in Creaser's case, miles over 50! Scotty hobbling around was a real eye opener! I presume Crossley's back is so bad he couldn't even risk playing outfield for a few mins, hence his goalie cameo!

But all in, nice to see a new pitch for a local team, good trip out, and probably fair that it's the last Legends game for this particular crop as a whole now. Guppy n Ryan could no doubt turn out for years to come though.

A great taster for the season coming.

• I agree with Malone it was a fantastic afternoon.I'm not sure why it needs to be the last reunion though given the lads were still having a great time

• A reunion with the younger ones and some later day "legends" surely? I can understand why some of the elders might be calling it a day on thr reunion front

• Not sure if you know this site. It has been updated.
    Play spot the legend to your hearts content.
    http://thechairboys.wix.com/wwfcarchive