Skip to content

Best Pubs for watching the Euros

What are the best pubs in the area for watching England matches ?

Criteria to include,

Best Atmosphere
Best Ale.
Least likely to end up in a punch up when England lose.

Comments

• Trevor would like to know people's recommendations for a pub with a poor ale selection, dire atmosphere and miserable characters, so he can complain about stuff during and after the game with like-minded individuals.

• In my living room if you live in Somerset and i will supply food and booze.

• Be careful thats no to far for Dev C to pop up to, on one of his solo oggle trips on the Choo Choo !!

• @bill_stickers , Trevor will be sat watching alone, in a darkened shed somewhere, moaning about everything he can think of.

One day perhaps he'll question why bother watch at all if he gets no pleasure from it.

@ChasHarps , don't mention his name, or like Candyman he'll appear, with a 20 paragraph post, taking the most "devil's advocate" angle he can find. Maybe that pubs should be closed during football events.

• Try the Hour Glass, good atmosphere, beer depends on what they have as a guest beer, never seen a scrap during internationals. Other end of the scale Le De Spencer Fullers ales great atmosphere and no swearing. (very little) Other end Yates very lively decent quick food been with my kids and impressed despite the fact England were utter sh1t3.
    Any pub is generally only as good as the people you go with.

• The Crown inn Sydenham, by far the best ales & lagers around and a lovely landlord who supports Wycombe...

• Great pub the Crown , as long as you can keep the landlord of the source, before he starts belting out Deep Purple and Wishbone Ash numbers !!

• I never knew there was another Sydenham!

• I heard some Wishbone Ash via Spotify the other day; it's not aged well.

• It's like leaving a can of Double Diamond in the fridge 30 years ago, and then going to
    have a sup. You remember it being bad, but not quite that bad !!

• edited June 2016

@RogertheBandito @ChasHarps I heard it had been taken over by someone and was being run as a kind of village co-operative with drinks only and no food, didn't realise it was headed up by a Wycombe fan. Grew up in Sydenham but moved out about 10 years ago.