Skip to content

Siegrist signs

For Swiss premier league outfit Vaduz FC.

Probably blown a big hole in GA's plans that has.

Comments

• did seem a strange one that he did that article that almost made it sound a done deal to us...

As long as we didn't bin Lynch off on the "Guarantee" that this was going through.

• I doubt GA will be loosing any sleep over it, my bet would be Alsopp back on season long loan. He has a new contract at AFC B but can't see him getting in for them.

• I know he is Swiss, but it is quite a big decision to just decide to upsticks and go back to Europe. Sure, an offer could have come out of the blue last minute, but I suspect GA knew all along this was a possibility and was playing second fiddle.

• PBoPBo
    edited June 2016

Pedantry Alert Pedantry Alert Pedantry Alert

Vaduz FC are actually based in Liechtenstein, they only play in the Swiss League. Now there's a pub quiz question for you.

• Pedantry alert - no-one said he was moving to Switzerland.

Top fact though!

• I said he was moving to Switzerland. Good knowledge.

• BREAKING NEWS: Baz Richardson handed the number 1 shirt for the new season....

• Perhaps he is going for medals - Vaduz represent the capital of Liechenstein and have won their domestic cup competition a world record 44 times including 18 of the last 19 years.
    Or maybe for European football - because Vaduz nearly always win the cup, they nearly always play in the Europa league - albeit briefly - they have never got through the qualifying rounds since the old Cup Winners Cup was abolished. In 2002 they would have done but for the ref disallowing a winning goal by blowing his whistle after shot was made but before crossing the line.

Now that's pub quiz trivia.....

• https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FC_Vaduz

In the unlikely event that others can't use Google or the afore mentioned pub quiz really is that obtuse I thought I'd past this link so that DevC doesn't inflict more words on us.

• Damn, my cover is blown - I confess I did indeed look up the history of the Liechtenstein Cup. Course I did you daft oaf.

Well over 500 posts, tell me have you ever in all those words actually said anything, anything at all.