Skip to content

Well done Wimbledon!

Went to this match, yesterday. Very exciting and a great result. Been to lots of Wimbledon matches over the last couple of seasons. The club has a great community feel and very fan focused. It's what a fan's club should be like. Wycombe Wanderers could learn a lot from how they do things. Exciting times ahead!

Comments

• Any specifics that you would like the WW to learn from @Greg?

• Hi @Greg . Do you think the attitude of the Wimbledon fans has got worse in recent years. I've found them nowhere near as friendly in the last two years as they used to be.

Will be interesting to see how they get on as I think their style is very similar to ours when we made it to Wembley. Very pleased they beat Plymouth.

• I don't think the behaviour of a few mouthy kids should detract from their achievement in no small part due to the spirit and hard work of their fans

It's a great story, and shows what can be achieved. The MK Dons could get to the premier league and win the FA Cup and still Pete Winkelman would never know what that feels like

The only sour point for me is the prospect of more publicity for the hideous franchise when the two cross paths next season

• A lot of the press today has talked about Wimbledon. Being in League One for the first time in their history. Did they ever get back the 'history' of the old club or is that still with the other lot?

• MK dons V Wimbledon should be tasty!

• no it shouldn't. It should be played down in significance as much as possible, and the franchise should not be acknowledged.

I believe that's how many AFCW fans viewed the fixture the first time it was played in the tinpot trophy, and rightly so.

It would be great if AFCW were to finish above the franchise, but not from the perspective of rivalry, just from the sense of showing a bunch of soulless club-stealing cvnts how to work your way up the pyramid properly.

• Cant stand afc wimbledon so glad theyve gone up plymouth is a much better ground to visit aswell. Looking at league 2 next season there will be abit more travelling to do for the away fans.