Skip to content

Floodlight failure at Accrington

Accy 2-3 down on aggregate with seven minutes of extra time left and the floodlights have failed. Unsurprisingly there's chants of `call it off' from Stanley fans.

Comments

• Brilliant

• Such a shame for Accrington although congratulations to Wimbledon who I hope will go up and stuff the franchise next year.

• The remarkable thing is that the Dons will probaby take more to Wembley this time,
    than they did when they won the Fa cup in 1988.

• edited May 2016

Sorry but any affection for Wimbledon and their "fairytale" story long since went out of the window. Horrible bunch.

• Good luck Wombles

• I would have been cheering most sides on against that odious Plymouth manager.

• Why are they a horrible bunch? Many clubs have the same view of us.

• Economically we needed Accy to go up and Wimbledon to stay down. At least Portsmouth are still with us and we only lose one of Wimbledon and Plymouth. Wimbledon v MK Dons would be an interesting league fixture. I'm rather with @MindlessDrugHoover on the current lot and have not time for the others either, but between their respective fans it could get tasty I suspect.

• Have to agree with @MindlessDrugHoover and @Wig_and_Pen on this, used to feel sorry for them but over time they seem to become odious over time.

• Short term memory @Kimble_Blue ?!

• I feel some of the comments we get from opposition fans we just have to take on the chin, but it's tough to take from Wimbledon fans. Probably the one team in the division who are uglier and more cynical than us and with a particularly nasty bunch of fans. I certainly respect what they've achieved, but not what they've become.

• I would rather the Wombles went up and PLymouth stayed down with Portsmouth as they represent slightly better crowds (with an extra bit of needle from Plymouth). I only saw the AP game, but I thought they out-wycombed us...and deserved the points!

• From what I have seen their football is certainly no worse than ours, and I don't think their fans are any worse than any others. Some of our own moan about the opposition for things that we are just as guilty of.