Skip to content

Brentford Academy Closing

Hi all just got chatting tonight with my ex wycombe academy coach who informed me of Brenford FC closing their academy which should be news over the night. Good prospect for some new young talent.I apologise if this rumour proves to be incorrect but I have a reputable source who gave me the information

Comments

• Sad if true - we have/had both Pierre and Mawson as a result of their academy. Also sad news for Danny Senda, who I think was a coach there.

• Why? Is this the same thing whereby prem clubs can cream off a promising talent at a fraction of the cost of developing them themselves - leading to the lower league club not bothering? Sad times.

• I think so with last Summer Brenftord bringing in many foreign starting level players unfortunately filling the gaps for young lads to rise up through.

• This might result in us signing a few gems in the summer, but in the long-run it is bad for our loan recruitment.

• Surely this is the 10 Green Bottles syndrome, I just wonder when the last non Premier team will close it's academy. Where is the funds to finance Academies going to come from?. Even more funds will go to fewer Clubs from next season.

• Good old Greg Dyke took a job reviewing what was wrong with youth development and came back with .... well fuck all really. Everything is tickety boo. Well it isn't is it. The obscene amount of money going into the Premier League now and the crumbs they toss down the pyramid just make it a joke. Is there any wonder why a team like Brentford who have done a great job on youth development wave the white flag.