Skip to content

Comments

• BSEBSE
    edited May 2016

keep an eye on HITC Sport they seem to get the majority of transfers involving Wycombe correct. So if it appears on their site I'll start worrying http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/topic/wycombe-wanderers-fc/

• They also have a picture of A Stewart on the article so they've done their research....

• Whilst I would be sad to lose him, it would be a geat move for him, and well deserved.

• He is moving forward and we are moving back....do not blame him at all #fairplay

• He's quite cumbersome, but i've seen worse play at higher levels.

• So you've registered with the Gasroom in order to make a crass comment and using a totally inappropriate adjective to describe an outstanding player included in the League 2 Team of the Year. Very strange.

• @micra said:
    So you've registered with the Gasroom in order to make a crass comment and using a totally inappropriate adjective to describe an outstanding player included in the League 2 Team of the Year. Very strange.

To be fair, he has introduced himself on another thread. I'd never call Pierre cumbersome in a million years but each to their own!

• He is pure class. I do not think he will look out of place in the championship

• Clint Hill goes the other way ? just been released by QPR aged37 though !!

• Not for me Clive!

Cumbersome suggests slow and inefficient.

I'd say that Akinfenwa is cumbersome.

Pierre is actually pretty fast and efficient!

Can QPR bore off though. Unless they have a stack of money, just leave us alone.

• I wouldn't describe him as cumbersome at all - compared to other centre backs around at this level quite the opposite. Just wait until next year when we've got big Dave Winfield back!

• nooooooooooooooooooo,

Or the Duberry and Oliver combo.

We have been so spoilt over our time in the league, but the Winfield/Duberry/Oliver/Westfield types really describe cumbersome, or at least very slow.

• I think my use of cumbersome was incorrect, I wasn't aware my vocabulary would be under such a microscope, you lot definitely all have your heads screwed on! It wasn't my intention to come on here and crucify any Wycombe players, not least those I rate.

I'll clarify what I meant -

Pierre is certainly big, strong, quick enough, solid, brave. He's got the basics you want in a centre half. However he isn't striding out of defence like Beckenbauer, he does the basics and puts it up the pitch. That's not to any way take away from him being a good centre half.

• edited May 2016

He's not a ball player by any means.

But there's plenty of Premier league centre backs who are pretty turgid on the ball, and rely on sheer physicality.

ps, apart from Mawson, how many ball players do you actually see in League 2?
    Most are tall physical uber goons, who are purely stoppers.

• John Terry is probably the prime example of a physical Premier defender.

• I think his passing is a bit underrated.

I'm thinking more your Wes Morgan, Robert Huth types.

• @mooneyman John Terry is excellent on the ball and his distribution is also very good

• Personally i don't think there has been a lot between Stewart and Pierre this season. So many fans of other teams have referred to them as a unit when their strikers have been snubbed out. So lucky to have 2 really powerful strong and confident players at the heart of the defence.

• If you combined Pierre and Stewart, that would be some central defender

• Still wouldn't be that good at passing

• Stewart distribution is decent actually, apart from the Portsmouth away game last 6-8 games he's was self assured and confidence was growing rapidly