Skip to content

Attitude to game

I find it interesting that three clubs (Wycombe, Oxford, Northampton) all with massive money problems should have such different management thinking , Oxford,Northampton manager talking up their clubs players and fan base but Wycombe allways telling the world we're a small club and mony wise we are in the shit no wonder our games are so boring where is the incentive to play any different I think I was reading the latest GA press report but they all seem to blend into one deppressin rant ! Have we ever been given the full money problems of our club? maybe I was asleep at the time.

Comments

• Oxford and Northampton have very different money problems to us. We are doing our best to be a sustainable club, not spending more than we get in income. They aren't.

• I do think we need to dial down the money message a bit. Some of the words that are used are frankly off putting and self-defeating. There is no problem with being a plucky underdog but the word used are more like an ailing sick puppy that might just croak any day now.

• Oxford are spending money like there is no tomorrow and will eventually have to pay. Northampton were very lucky and managed to wriggle out of a huge debt a bit like Pompey did.

• If we are trying to be a sustainable club and only spend what we earn then please let's play football that is much better than we have at the moment. for next season if we get a team together the new players will be of different quality so it is up to managment to be a lot more positive with the player's and for the club, be positive when doing press calls also.
    The management should manage the team not the club.