Skip to content

*Poll* Oxford or Rovers for 3rd place *Poll*

Who would the Gasroom rather see go up automatically today?

Poll not found

Comments

• I think the phrase "between the devil and the deep blue sea" is appropriate here. Rovers for me. Dislike them less now the old owner is gone.

• Rovers for quite a few reasons.
      The takeover, meaning they'll clearly be a force next year.
      The bad feeling, hooligans and extra police bill they guarantee. Those scenes after the home game were something I've never seen in 20years watching us.
      Oxford simply being super close to us geography wise.
      Oxford being a bit more smug.

• I think my ideal result would be us beating Oxford but Dagenham beating Rovers.

• I'd echo the sentiments of Malone. Similarly the league game at their place was less than fun. Spent most of the game watching out for the lighters, hot teabags and other bits and pieces that were being chucked down at us from the stand overlooking the away terrace. Don't need that sort of sh!t at football matches.

• Well, a good start, D&R leading against the thugs. :-)

• Gutted for Accrington

• Well said Malone for all I care the further away rovers play the better.

• Shame both teams went up! But at least it takes two well financed teams out of our way for next season.
      Accrington again learnt the old maxim, do not celebrate too early!

On the negative side, we're losing a top 3 who all filled the away end, so that's quite a blow.

Even more so if Plymouth or Portsmouth go up.

It's tricky to know what to want.

I cannot stand anything about Wimbledon, so that'd be good to see them out the way, but you know the 2 Ps will be forces next year, so probably good to see one of them out the way....but then you lose the away fans.

Accrington would be good to lose, as they don't bring any fans, unless it's a once in a decade chance of going up like last Saturday. Most likely they'll be down to their usual 73, crammed in the corner of the main stand next season if they dont' go up.

• It is a shame to be losing so many southern teams from the division, even if we don't enjoy playing most of them. That said, I won't miss going to Rovers or Oxford, arguably two of the worst away days in the division, Rovers in particular. I hope Accrington go up via the playoffs as they deserve to for what they've achieved on such minimal finances.

At least we're gaining Cheltenham and hopefully what would be an intriguing trip to either FGR or (hopefully) Braintree.

And of course we've got Col U next season!

• To be fair, the only teams we've conceded three goals to all season have been Northampton, Bristol Rovers and Oxford - so perhaps it's no coincidence those are the three that gain automatic promotion.

• I've got my fingers crossed for Grimsby, but I wouldn't mind FGR. I really don't want Braintree.

• @Jonny_King said "I hope Accrington go up via the playoffs as they deserve to for what they've achieved on such minimal finances."
      Not sure they are as lacking in financial backing as you think.

• Possibly not, but still I guess their finances are nowhere near comparable to the clout of Portsmouth and Plymouth Argyle.

• Portsmouth of course are also supporter owned. If memory serves, they have about 2000 members, roughly double our own membership which is not very impressive given that they have at least four times as many regular supporters.

• Haven't been able to establish how many shareholders but the gate income and associated food and drink sales are paramount of course. In that respect, if recent performances continue into next season, our own gates are going to decline disturbingly - especially with the departure of Northampton and Oxford (and possibly Portsmouth as well).

With reference to performance (style, individual flair, goals, excitement etc) and whatever we may think of Bristol Rovers, money is certainly talking there. Alright, I know they were "only" playing Dagenham but 35 shots, 16 on target, 17 corners and only 3 fouls speak volumes.

• Little bit out of context @StrongestTeam !
      I did add a para re overall income. That is paramount and I agree with you re take-off if (when, more likely) they go up.

• I thought we had less than 400 shareholders if we've got over a 1000 that's very impressive for a team that gets around 3000 home fans a game

• I'm afraid you've misread my posts @bigred87. We have around 300 shareholders out of a Trust membership of 1000 or so compared with 2300 Trust members at Fratton Park. I did not quote the number of shareholders at either club. Wouldn't it be wonderful if we had 1000 investors.