Skip to content

Match day thread: Oxford

Comments

• If you aren't going to the game today, full match commentary will be on BBC Three Counties 98FM, 103.8FM and Chairboys Player.

COYB

• Chairboys Playet it is. Able to say who will be your co-commentator Phil?

• Don't want MC getting too excited!

• Got to give it Ainsworth for perseverance with the front pairing. Anyway, All the best to lads and spoil PNL's auto's.

• I imagine that will be a 433 with thomo left and Harriman right

• Yeah well that's worked well since the new year obviously,DOH!

• At the risk of tempting fate WWFC +1.25 looks great value to me!

• @Robin hardly @Glenacticos' fault is it, the team selection. Unless we have been criticising the wrong man all these months?

• True a post arrived just before mine i was replying to ciderk i d

• edited May 2016

@robin; we ain't won a game in ten and 99% of the time it's been Hayes and Thommo, so isn't hard to figure out, but hey let's continue with the veterans as our attacking threat.

So your mistaken, if you think, I am a fanboi of Hayes/Thommo combination.

• @StrongestTeam its on twitter

• surprise surprise no shots on target in the first half.

• @EwanHoosaami said:
    Robin hardly Glenacticos' fault is it, the team selection. Unless we have been criticising the wrong man all these months?

Oh no, I've been exposed.

Regards,

Gareth

• @robin said:
    surprise surprise no shots on target in the first half.

Been the same, the past few games @robin, but the veterans always get the nod, that's been the problem. No magic, nothing threatening at top whats so ever.

• Need a massive turnaround.... we are boring to watch with no pace....we are going backwards...I to are pro GA however he needs to take off those rose tinted glasses

• Since Christmas we have been inept as an attacking force.
    Celebrating an excellent defence won't pack the stands and it won't get us much further than mid table. Let's face it any team that plays six across the back shouldn't conceded too many

• At least we had a shot cleared off the line 2nd half but it was from Stewart's shot,both the old fellas have been substituted.

• The 5 year plan doesn't seem to be helping. I don't remember it being mentioned last year anywhere near as much as it has been this year, since we hit 61 points 4 draw 3 loses. I try not to be negative but the stats dont lie won 6 out of the last 24 if that form carries over to next season it will be a relegation scrap

• We have only won two games out of our final 14 (counting today). We will finish thirteenth. What a load of Cr_p. Ainsworth is bloody boring and is turning fans away not attracting them. Ainsworth OUT!!!! Relegation next year with McGinn, Thompson, Hayes, Ugwu, Max, Bloomers etc in our squad. We need a real clear out not small adjustments as anticipated.

• I disagree about McGinn. He is the kind of player we need. Just not in the formation we play

• I don't think McGinn is good enough. But losing Ainsworth would be more likely to lead to a relegation fight, not the other way round.

• What a crap ending to the season. Not much hope for next season either with no money.

• We don't know that Chris. I am not a fan of our style of play TBH. But I will take it if it gets results. This season has ended in disappointment, mainly because of the over achieving last season.

• Get back to the car to find Rovers have also gone up. Awful stuff.

Hayes has got to go. Every game the opposition defence dominate him. He offers absolutely nothing. Liburd and Ugwu have shown very little as well.

We have a good foundation but desperately need 3 new attackers.

• You can have it M3G. I won't be watching that crap next season! Best of luck to all you Gasroomers and I hope things change for you but I can't see it!

• So we finished in 13th after losing 16 games but at least we have a goal difference of +1,that will be Ainsworth's take on it later, i refuse to read his bollocks or i am likely to smash up my computer.

• I still think that with a couple of notable exceptions (Ugwu and Sellers) the squad is good enough. The formation is set up for us not to lose and when we go behind we don't have enough quality to come back.
    The perception that we play 4-3-3 is wrong as largely we play 4-2-3-1 with Thomson at the point. When we played 4-4-2 Harriman wide we had some threat. Not now