Skip to content

Siegrist

Looks like we're getting him permanently this summer. A very positive start to the transfer business if it comes off (and I guess it must be a done deal for Gareth to be so open about it). Maybe Lynch will be kept on as back up?

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-potential-gem-out-11286416

Comments

• I thought he looked pretty decent Saturday. Solid debut, appeared imposing with the big luminous gloves, a few very good saves. As a debut, very impressive, on that performance, I think a very good signing. As for Alex Lynch, he hasn't done much wrong when needed, so it would be two very decent keepers for L2 should Siegrist sign.

• Shows the fine line there is for pro footballers really, and how you need luck as well as ability and dedication.
    Lynch would have been one minute, been looking at a guaranteed few months of first team football, an extended period to show he was worth the Number 1 spot for long term. And then the next minute, he's out for the season, watching highly rated premier league youngsters come in, and now it looks like it's a done deal for Number 1 to be sown up for the foreseeable.

• Needs to improve his kicking based on last week but he looks a decent prospect

Good bit of business if confirmed

• We can't create chances, service is non and void, we don't score many, but lets shore up the defence.

• @Ciderk1d said:
    We can't create chances, service is non and void, we don't score many, but lets shore up the defence.

Yes, I'm sure that's the only bit of business we'll do this summer.

• @Ciderk1d surely it's about taking opportunities? If an opportunity to sign a good player comes along then you have to take it. Plenty of time left to sign others, unlike last season where our season finished 3 weeks later. At least we know what division we will be playing in making the type of targets more defined.

• From what Ainsworth has said, there will be minor tweaks rather than a large cull like 3 years ago.
    However, our current 1st choice doesn't belong to us, so we certainly needed to sort that position out. Shame Lynch got injured when he did, as he had a 3month period which would have given a big clue whether he could be ready or not.
    As he did though, I don't think we can just gamble on him, and we'd still need to get a deputy in. And how do you do that with a guy probably on a couple of hundred quid a week!

• Sorry? Couple of hundred a week?

• Surprised he's not playing today!

• Maybe a good signing, as we have a good keeper in Lynch. Main issues still haven't been addressed and like everyone else look forward to who we bring in to help/assist or score the goals.

One win in ten games, says it all, but we got a good number 2 keeper, if Lynch kicks on after his unfortunate injury and keeps them gloves. C'mon Lynch.

• Main issues still haven't been addressed

Disgraceful isn't it. The transfer window closes in just four months and the lazy back room staff at Wycombe are sat on their hands doing nothing, and still haven't addressed the main issues.

• Of course, that also assumes that having more than one keeper isn't a "main issue".

• Main issue, stop playing Hayes and Thommo for 99% of the games for a start.

No GPS stats, can cover up that they are over the hill. God help us if we have a terrible start with Thommo leading us and I would be very surprised if Hayes isn't offered a year deal to keep the status quo.

• Yes @micra, you read that right.

Bearing in mind Craig, a senior player wasn't on a great deal more, I wouldn't think it's unreasonable that a youth team keeper was on exactly that

• @Chris , yes me too. With all those remarks in the press making it look like he's nailed on to come here, why on earth wouldn't you test him out in a bit more of a tricky environment, instead favouring a guy we won't see again?

• edited May 2016

Never taken any Mid week press interviews (by a player) or articles seriously. It's the kiss of death. It's nailed on your not starting unless your over 30.

Annnnddd your benched.