Skip to content

Ryman Isthmian League Play-Offs this week

The Ryman Isthmian League regular season is now over. The Play-Off Semi-Finals take place this week with some cracking games in prospect. I just checked my diary and I'm in Bognor working on Thursday. Looks the pick of the lot. But have a look at these:

Tuesday 26th April k.o. 7.45pm:

RYMAN LEAGUE DIVISION ONE SOUTH PLAY-OFF SEMI-FINALS:

Dorking Wanderers v Faversham Town
Worthing v Hythe Town

Wednesday 27th April k.o. 7.45pm:

RYMAN LEAGUE DIVISION ONE NORTH PLAY-OFF SEMI-FINALS:

Harlow Town v Cray Wanderers
Thurrock v AFC Hornchurch

Thursday 28th April k.o. 7.45pm:

RYMAN LEAGUE PREMIER DIVISION PLAY-OFF SEMI-FINALS:

Bognor Regis Town v Dulwich Hamlet
East Thurrock United v Tonbridge Angels

Enjoy!!!

Comments

• Tuesday's results:

RYMAN LEAGUE DIVISION ONE SOUTH PLAY-OFF SEMI-FINALS:

Dorking Wanderers 1 Faversham Town 2
    Worthing 7 Hythe Town 0

RYMAN LEAGUE DIVISION ONE SOUTH PLAY-OFF FINAL (PROVISIONAL):
    Saturday 30th April (k.o. 3pm)

Worthing v Faversham Town

• Wednesday's results:

RYMAN LEAGUE DIVISION ONE NORTH PLAY-OFF SEMI-FINALS:

Harlow Town 3 Cray Wanderers 0
    Thurrock 0 AFC Hornchurch 2

• @A_Worboys head on for the big one tonight, get your hipster beard and ironic glasses ready

• Thursday's results:

RYMAN LEAGUE PREMIER DIVISION PLAY-OFF SEMI-FINALS:

Bognor Regis Town 0 Dulwich Hamlet 1 (Att: 1,403)
    East Thurrock Utd 2 Tonbridge Angels 0 (Att: 849)

• Shock for Bognor that !!

• Week-end Play-Off Final results:

Saturday 30th April:

RYMAN LEAGUE DIVISION ONE SOUTH PLAY-OFF FINAL:

Worthing 3 Faversham Town 0 (Att: 1,889 - Worthing promoted to Premier Division)

Sunday 1st May:

RYMAN LEAGUE DIVISION ONE NORTH PLAY-OFF FINAL:

Harlow Town 3 AFC Hornchurch 1 (Att: 1,655 - Harlow promoted to Premier Division)

BANK HOLIDAY FIXTURE MONDAY 2ND MAY:

RYMAN LEAGUE PREMIER DIVISION PLAY-OFF FINAL:

East Thurrock United v Dulwich Hamlet (k.o. 3pm)

• Monday 2nd May:

RYMAN LEAGUE PREMIER DIVISION PLAY-OFF FINAL:

East Thurrock Utd 3 Dulwich Hamlet 1 (East Thurrock promoted to National League South)

Attendance: 1,661

• I was there. Three first half goals for East Thurrock United, all from corners with the wind proving to be a nightmare for Dulwich. A penalty rebound late in the first half looked like it might be a competitive second half, but ETU played the conditions far better on the day and deservedly saw out the victory.

Darren Sarll was in attendance as apparently Stevenage are eyeing up Tom Wraight, the left midfielder of ETU.

Young Stevenage striker, Dipo Akinyemi, played on loan for Dulwich but rarely featured. The pick of the Hamlet players is Ethan Pinnock, a classy Rio Ferdinand style CB.

• @bluntphil How did Clunis and Scannell play?

• @peterparrotface Scannell came on at HT and looked useful as DH pressed forward. Clunis taken off just before the hour mark, won the penalty though. ETU were very good at containing the game and pressing the midfield of DH.

Interestingly, the Dulwich fans never once got on their teams back, sang their managers name throughout, especially at 2-0 down and at full time.

• @bluntphil it is an interesting phenomenon definitely - 80% of those Dulwich fans have been supporting the club for 5 years or less and don't originate from the area.

Maybe not having done 25 years of slogging round non-league grounds gives you a sunnier disposition?

• Like the sound of Ethan Pinnock. An Aylesbury boy I believe. Sweeps the board with 'Player of'/MoM awards it seems. And a centre back who can move into midfield if needed. No doubt WW have run the rule over him??

• edited May 2016

@peterparrotface I chatted with an old couple who referred to the DH fanbase as 'football tourists'. They certainly get very good attendances though, so should be well placed for promotion. A new stadium on the way too apparently...

I've only been a few times to Champion Hill and the atmosphere reminds of Loakes Park, plus it's only a tenner in and you can have a pint or two during the game. There is a large hipster element, but I live in London so I think I've become less aware of them all now.

• Ive been to the original Champion Hill a fair few times, and for many years they were very poorly supported. Its quite an interesting upsurge in support for the Hamlet.

• It's all down to the gentrification of Brixton, Peckham, Clapham, and increasingly now even Lewisham.

• But are not Hamlet's new support, slightly modelled on St Pauli's left wing ultra's ?
    And you have seen a number of far left and anarchist groups demonstrate quite publicily against the gentrification of parts of London.

• @bluntphil I think they're hoping to build the stadium at the back of the current one.

All depends if people stick around for the long term, but to be fair they have supported the club really well.

Some cringey songs though!

• Like the sound of Ethan Pinnock. An Aylesbury boy I believe. Sweeps the board with 'Player of'/MoM awards it seems. And a centre back who can move into midfield if needed. No doubt WW have run the rule over him??