Skip to content

The Opposition View

What the Shrimpers thought of yesterday's game...

http://www.wycombe.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=391658

Comments

• A mostly honest set of opinions that would be difficult to argue with. Apart from davewebbsbrain who seems to think that Worrals' "dive" was a sure penalty! I'm stunned that the referee didn't produce a yellow card for that? It was so clearly an attempt at a con. He is also adamant that that Sido was spending the whole game hanging on to Worrals shirt, rather odd then as they were playing on opposite sides of the pitch, so Sido must have extremely long arms.
    That aside I thought some of the opinions were rather flattering to our team, I would not have been so generous. Second half we were poor, didn't think we reacted quick enough/at all to the change of tactics when Southend decide to go for the long ball into the channels and keep turning our back line.
    Overall very grateful for the point and testament to the players and management that they never give up.

• Strange how opinions amongst opposition fans can vary so much. From Wycombe are just a bunch of non footballing thugs to probably the best team to visit Roots Hall. As for the manager, sour grapes cos we picked 4 points of them?

• They couldn't be more wrong about Pierre. He is a strong physical presence, but he's also decent with the ball at his feet and definitely no thug (especially if compared to some of the players in Southend's team).

• Wow Southend fans really took that bad, don't they realise, it happens too us all, losing or drawing games we should have won convincingly.

• Southend fan at the game texted me with a simple. 'We did not take our chances...' Sounds about right. A good point I think. Maintains the cushion and hopefully we can take something from the Shrews.