Skip to content

Orient part with yet another manager !!

Ive heard it mentioned a few times that the Leyton Orient Owner Francesco Becchetti was
head of the group sniffing around us, along with the mysterious Swindon dodgepots a couple
of years ago.
Was this ever confirmed ?

http://bbc.in/1qm3Gxb

Comments

• sacked Nolan as player manager, yet he stays on as a player?

How very bizarre

• Absurdly farcical. Any chairman who tries to meddle in managerial affairs should be deemed an improper person and forced to sell up.

• Probably a better player than manager. Also by keeping him on as a player they avoid paying full compensation.

• Not that bizarre if he's agreed to go to Bolton in the summer. Orient will want a manager fully focused on the run-in, not already with an eye on League One with a new club.

• Ironically reading the Orient forum. their overwhelming gripe with Nolan,
    was that he kept picking himself, when his performances were supposedly very poor.
    So it looks like the O's fans have got the worst of both worlds.

• Super tough gig player manager. To try and focus on the overall picture, while trying to go your job. It's not much of a surprise there are so few of them around.

• furthermore on Leyton orient, a couple of days ago on the WWFC fans facebook page.
    A certain Mr Parry was stating that one Orient player is reported to be on £12,000 a week.
    If that's true that the O's are shelling out a yearly salary of £624k for one player, then
    i would be extremely concerned if i was a Brisbane rd regular.

• Very tough gig indeed being a player manager. Can't think of many who have made a success of it - Dennis Wise at Milwall maybe? Plenty have tried and failed (Bobby Charlton, Steve Claridge, Terry Butcher etc) not least

• Kenny Dalglish won the double with Liverpool, mind you he inherited a quality squad.
    Souness at Rangers, Hoddle took Swindon into the top flight. Not too many i can think off.

• @ChasHarps Is he a reliable source these days?!

• That is very debatable indeed Mr @ReadingMarginalista.

I'm presuming the player that is supposedly earning that money
    must be Jay Simpson ??

• I wouldn't believe Mr Parry if he told me my name was Doob. Along with Mr Beeks he shouldn't be allowed anywhere near Adams Park after his support for Hayes

• @Bluegasbag How about Martin O'Neill

• Good shout on Jay Simpson @ChasHarps . Had a scroll around google, and saw him quoted as 16k at a recent club.

They've also got a guy I think captained Reading recently, who I'd also expect high wages of.

But in my quick googling, this article says an Orient player was on over 20k a week last season?!? That would be insane. What sort of level club do they think they are exactly?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2941681/Cristiano-Ronaldo-filthy-rich-hungry-success.html

• When was he a trophy winning player manager ????

• @moneyman - Sir Martin? Sorry, when / with who?