Skip to content

Comments

• Fair comments, cannot argue with any of them.

• The frustration of their fans is palpable and easily understood but one of them still had the good grace to say that we looked "ordinary"! Much kinder than the words used by some of our own fans. But they spend a lot of time and money on their travels and if performances really are as bad as their comments suggest I can understand their reactions. Having said that, I have often heard people moaning at home games during the half time break when, to me, there have been at least some aspects of the performance to admire .
    If only injuries/illnesses allowed GA to pick a settled side, we might now be seeing the more expansive style witnessed for 12 minutes against Wimbledon!

• In the battle of the baldies at Dagenham our erstwhile natural born goal scorer was languishing on the bench. Could we have him back on loan, please!

• The York natives seem to be the most informed, intelligent in the league. It's a shame, it looks like they will be relegated as they are adding a lot more value than most.

• Surprised there was no mention of the running battle between Jombati and Alessandra. Alessandra seems an unpleasant chap.

• unpleasant maybe but would walk in our team, ran us ragged countless times for Morecambe.

• Oh I agree, I'd have him too.

• Although he is an attacker who has only scored more than seven in a season once...

• @Chris said:
    Surprised there was no mention of the running battle between Jombati and Alessandra. Alessandra seems an unpleasant chap.

Think that's a bit unfair on him. I saw a smile from him a couple of times. He was doing what he was paid to, which was getting the better of the opposing full-back and that battle was the most entertaining part of the game. Thought Sido did okay considering it wasn't his natural position and he at least does seem to try and play football. Think JJ would have had more success against Alessandra though

• Thought Jombati battled well under extreme provocation from the crowd and Alessandra, he did well. Shame York are doomed though. Very nice place to visit, cracking ground and grounded supporters. Very generous round of applause when the attendance of 305 Wycombe fans was announced. Hopefully they will come back up and shelve the identikit new ground plans

• Not sure it is a cracking ground. The facilities for away supporters are rather stone age.

• @micra He's no doubt missed half the season injured...do you think he could play 5 games back to back without one?

• @Malone - probably not and he's only scored 5 for Dagenham in 20 odd appearances. Where can we turn to?

It probably won't concern the youngsters (at least I assume they are) who post on hear and regard him as a "has been"/"never was" but it looks like Matt Bloomfield is out for the season. Never rains does it..........

• He was never the most glamorous player , but with a small squad, and O Nien's unspecified length absence, he'll be a miss.

Did Bloomfield get that injury in the goal incident itself, or later?

Either way, he did incredibly well to deal with the pain, as I witnessed a relative post broken arm recently, and they were in severe pain sitting still, let alone running around!
    The word heroic is very over used, but he was heroic on Saturday.

• Not only running around but also winning headers! Apparently Dave Winfield kicked him in the arm going for the ball as Bloomfield bundled it home.

• Typical Winfield, if he can't get the ball he'll get the man instead!

• Wonder if Winfield ponders his choice of moves after leaving us?
    Disaster at Shrewsbury, and now turning out for the 23rd team. Probably earns more at both than he would have here, so probably not bothered, and will find another crap league 2 team next season

• @Malone, if you watch the highlights, Bloomfield is clutching his arm during his goal celebration.

• Winfield wouldn't get in our team now, but he's a good player.

Bloomfield refers to him as his mate Dave in the interview on player, I don't think there's any hard feelings!