Skip to content

Stuck in Plymouth today.

edited April 2016 in Football

The machinations of business has left me in Plymouth today with not a lot to do. As a consequence I am, for my sins, going to The Pilgrims v AFC Wimbledon. Kind of hoping for a score draw, but the maths tell me I should be a "Green Army" supporter for the day as a win for them and a victory for The Chairboys would help keep The Wombles at arms length from the play offs. Will be interesting to see if AFC approach the game in the same way as against us last week. Probably not, I believe it will be more defend to death and hope they nick a goal.

Comments

• Don't have any particular like for Plymouth, and some of their fans whinging after the playoffs last year was irritating, but for starters we are not catching Plymouth, so them winning is the better result.

Also, I cannot abide Wimbledon. Horrible manager, horrible fans, rubbish style of play without acknowledging their own brand of gashball. Horrible ground that you can barely see all of the pitch from the away ends too.

to conclude, can't stand anything to do with them.

• Can't disagree with that @Malone .

• Horlicks Dons just taken the lead from their only meaningful break away attack! 34 minutes and it was that irritating @rse Taylor.

• Not looking too good at half time. Very luckily, Orient and Carlisle are losing like us, so it could be much worse.
    But Wimbledon and Exeter from 2 points lower than us both ahead.

We really need a draw out of this at least. I don't have any confidence in us scoring 2, so 1 will have to do.

• You could have gone boozing with @DevC

• More like snoozing .

• Not much of a drinker Dr C so wouldn't make a good drink buddy.
    Back to subject, AFC played very well. Defended deep and in numbers and broke with purpose. They had virtually none of the possession frustrated players & fans with their gamesmanship tactics just like last week. Looking at the two sides, I would rather play Plymouth as we have a small chance of scoring a goal over two legs. Given the current form, we won't have a choice anyway as we won't be in the play offs. I believe it will be AFC in our place and we will be making a double trip down to Devon in the league again next season.

• If we don't get maximum points from this quick fire double header at home next week, we certainly won't be in there.

And with so many teams within a point or 2, even that might not be enough pending some epic return to away form in the last 2 very tough aways.

Ho hum.