Skip to content

Match day thread: Southend

BSEBSE
edited March 2015 in Football

Wycombe: Ingram, Jombati, Jacobson, Mawson, Pierre, Saunders, Bloomfield, Yennaris, Wood, Craig, Hayes

Subs: Richardson, Rowe, Bean, Murphy, Ephraim, Holloway.

Southend: Smith, White, Coker, Thompson, Prosser, Worrall, Timlin, Corr, Hurst, Leonard, Pigott

Subs: Bently, Weston, Pyane, Deegan ,Barrett, Binnom-williams, Cassidy

Comments

• Fred out! Craig in!

• 1-0 down. I guess Fred must have been injured in the warmup as only 6 on the bench

• edited March 2015

Morecambe 1-0 against Luton!! :)

• 1.1 Craig !

• 1-1 Craig :o

• Or wood as per twitter

• Luton 2-0 down as well. I updated the teams in your post for you Mr BSE

• Morecambe 2 up against Lootun!

• Luton have a goal back 1-2. Shrews winning, Burton drawing and Bury drawing.

• 2-1 Southend

• Sounds very much, once sided. Gather no change in formation or tactics. Oh well persistence is not always futile.

• 2-2. There we go.

• Luton down again 2-3 again as well! Allez allez allez oooooooooooooooooooh!

• That's a massive goal. The difference between a 5 or 2 point cushion!

• Late goals for Oxford AND Cambridge against Bury and Shrewsbury too!!

• Brilliant result hard work and keeps that gap

• M3GM3G
    edited March 2015

Sets up another massive game next saturday

• Good result, all things considered

• All the chasers lost, apart from Saathend. Top two move away.

• Shrewsbury moved away from the rest of the chasing pack, but didn't move away from us! :)

• Would liked to of seen Holloway on a bit earlier to be honest he was on fire. Changes are made way to late.

• @scarlet said:
    Would liked to of seen Holloway on a bit earlier to be honest he was on fire. Changes are made way to late.

Way way to late, it takes 5 minutes to get the pace of game. Rowe wasn't even considered in his natural position of midfield after two awesome performances doing his part for the team. I hope he keeps his chin up and doesn't get dismayed. As I certainly wouldn't be a happy.

• A very good and hugely important result. Losing Fred before kick off was a big blow, so to twice come from behind is a great effort. Let's hope Fred's injury is not too serious.

• Corr gave us a really difficult time. Won a lot of headers and bagged both goals. Surprised he wasn't booked for persistent fouling.

I thought we were lucky to get that second goal. We kept going direct and got very little out of their defence after they scored.

That said, we probably shaded the first half and it is a massive result.

If we can get five wins from the final 12 games I think it will be very tough for one of the chasing pack to leapfrog us.

• Rowe is a central defender first and foremost isn't he?

Not a bad result at all in the circumstances. A draw against Shrewsbury and a win against Accrington would do me.

• Nice football from us after going a goal down, the second half was poor from us. We don't look solid at the back at the moment which is worrying. Really good to have Hayes back though.

• I could see us getting beaten by Shrews. And our record at home on a Tues night is dire. Would not be surprised if we ended up with two draws in the upcoming home games.

More important is to avoid defeat to Luton and then get 3 or 4 wins in April. The Burton game is tough but every other fixture is very winable.

• Wow, how we snuck a point from that is in my opinion a miracle. I thought we were terrible, especially in the second half. Our midfield seemed to have stayed in the dressing room... was Matty B that big of an influence? Yes, his work rate was outstanding and not matched after the break.

Great to hear Gaz pretty much say we were the lesser of the two teams and he wasn't happy with the players, except Sido, who I may ad looked brilliant, a cut above. Gaz is A real honest gem. A shame subs weren't used earlier and a shame we got drawn into long ball rubbish against one of the biggest sides I have seen which makes the point all the more amazing. Sometimes it takes a bit of luck they say, we had a huge slice of that with the first goal for sure.

So to summarise, in my opinion this was one hell of a fantastic point considering.