Skip to content

Online Predictor...

Oh go on, you all know you want to...

For what it's worth I have us missing out on 7th place, only today did I realise this is now a FIVE team shoot out; Exeter have crept out of nowhere unbeaten in 8...

http://www.thefishy.co.uk/calculator0.php?Competition=4

Comments

• I've got us finishing 10th. Those last three fixtures are a killer.

• I was a little rose tinted but without scoring more I have us in at number 9

• I have 10th to, a position I would have settled for at start of season and bitten your hand off for eighteen months ago.

Enjoyable as last season was, I wonder if the raised unrealistic expectations it has created in some has had negative effects.

• My take-away from this is that (if the mechanics of the predictor are reasonable) it looks like we need to win 4 of the last 6 to reach the play-offs. We could really do with winning the next three!

• I thought before the loss last weekend that we needed 12 or 13 points from 7 games. That tends to match your thoughts too Chris. I actually worry about us less against the top teams than I do against the others so it's not that far outside the realms of possibility. No-one seems to be in great form around that play off area.

• That's the 534th time Dev C has made that exact same point, across dozens and dozens of different discussions

• Those last 3 fixtures will depend a lot on what the opponents have to play for ie. PNL or Accy could already be promoted by then, Pompey could have secured a playoff place but be unable to get into the top 3

• I am still clinging on to playoff hopes. If we can beat York and Yeovil and get something - anything - from the other games so that the game at Oxford is neither here nor there for us. I would be happy.

• Imagine going to Oxford on the last day and them keeping us out of the playoffs :(

That and losing to Bristol Rovers at Wembley is the stuff of nightmares.

• But on the other hand we could beat Oxford to put them in to the playoffs with us and then beat them either twice over two legs or at Wembley.

The hope eh? I'm still going for finishing 12th.

• Where we finish will depend on the way the team tackle the last 7 games. Let's give them full support, and accept the final outturn. Regarding our final result we will all be delighted with a win at Oxford, COYBs.

• L2 Play-off final on a Monday? Everyone (except rmj and bigred87 of course) booking a day off?

• It is of course a bank holiday, which means a fair proportion will already have the day off.

• I have us finishing 8th, one point behind AFC Wimbledon.

• I think we need to win any 4 games and at least 1 draw.

• I haven't a clue. Yes I know - situation normal.

• Ah...some of us sometimes have to work on a BH.