Skip to content

A message for DrCongo

The old Gasroom was never taken seriously as a barometer for fans' opinions, as it was I believe, always seen as a forum of the few. It seems to me that this new version has been a great success so far...are you able to say how many have registered, so we really know the strength of it??

Comments

• Seems like 163 have registered so far from looking at the activity page.
  • Furthermore, does this forum have the capacity for polls? It strikes me that the club could do a lot worse than to embrace a community like this now that a lot of the nonsense has hopefully been cut out. A poll every now and then might really give them some useful (if somewhat informal) statistics to gauge what fans think.
  • Does it matter that the Gasroom wasn't taken seriously as a barometer for fans' opinions? It'd be disappointing to me if Gasroom 2.0 became some sterile horror with everyone agreeing and being reasonable.

There's always room for a well argued row or 'bit of nonsense' to keep things entertaining.
  • One minor thing I think would be useful - although it may not be possible - is the ability to quote other posts (without having to cut and paste manually). Having lost the nested replies feature from the original Gasroom, this would give a good indicator when you're replying to a particular comment.
  • If we can get up to 400 registered and active users, we will have approx 10% of our regular home attendance posting on this forum. I don't think that should ever be dismissed as a barometer for fans' opinions!
  • Can I suggest some forum subdivisions?

Wind Up Merchants - for pre-match banter

Tucker Chump's Tactics Truck - for pseudo expert post-match analysis. May want to check with SMBU whether they will allow their meat purveyor to sponsor it!

Brownie's Camera - for historic archive pictures and picture competitions.
  • Good call Tory. I was thinking that would be the best way myself.

Probably need none football related one as well for all the Power station, Piers and Music related stuff.

I also need one on Coal mining and the eternal damage Thatcher done to the countries Mining communities.
  • Some stats for the first full day of Gasroom 2.0...

Unique visitors: 813
    Registered Users: 208
    Page Views: 18,247
    Most active user: @M3G

## Browsers:
    - Chrome: 33.64%
    - Safari: 28.06%
    - Internet Explorer: 24.27%
    - Firefox:9.78%

## Devices:
    - Desktop: 65.73%
    - Tablet: 24.61%
    - Mobile: 9.66%

(I suspect Mobile is so low because people aren't used to being able to access the Gasroom on their phone)

## Operating System:
    - Windows: 59.00%
    - iOS: 25.01%
    - Macintosh: 7.19%
    - Android: 5.92%

## Visiting countries:
    - United Kingdom
    - Germany
    - United States
    - Canada
    - Netherlands
    - France
    - Denmark
    - Ireland
    - Iceland

The vast majority of referral traffic is coming in from the old Gasroom, with some from Facebook, Twitter and Wycombe Wanderers Trust.

## Slightly suspect data from Google Analytics:
    - Male visitors: 54.15%
    - Female visitors: 45.85%
  • @drcongo I really should do more work, but its even more addictive as everytime I see the Yellow flash new I have to read it and that's makes me more inclined to respond!

• @Tory_Goon for Tucker Chump's Tactics Truck section should there be a sub folder for those who want to pontificate about failings despite 'not being able to get to the game'?

@drcongo top stats!

• Reading other peoples forums mainly to get opposing fans opinions on how we played before vital posted them i see a lot of them have "off topic" sections
  • Exactly what @M3G said - those darned yellow NEW icons really do make it almost addictive to click on the thread to see what wonderful new nugget of information/tedious drivel has been posted since last checking.

• I think an off-topic section might be a good idea. Saw some really interesting things on the old gasroom that would promptly be shouted down for not having enough of a connection to Wycombe Wanderers.

• Ive Been on the receiving end of the "purists" and am still recovering

• Who the hell is reading this stuff in Iceland ? (Presumably that's Iceland the country rather than the HW branch of Iceland purveyors of frozen cholesterol )

• edited February 2015

Can we call the off-topic section "Piss drenched chinos", rightfully putting it where it belongs?

• If Monsoon ever appears on here there will have to be a Yoyoyoyoyo section, covering away kits and Sky adjusted kick-off times.

• Can we have a section purely for Tattler and Devon Chairboys?

• @Fidget said:
    One minor thing I think would be useful - although it may not be possible - is the ability to quote other posts (without having to cut and paste manually). Having lost the nested replies feature from the original Gasroom, this would give a good indicator when you're replying to a particular comment.

Your wish is my command.

• It's like magic this new forum

• @Gordon_Ottershaw said:
    It's like magic this new forum

But I still can't fathom out the Activity thing .

• @drcongo said:
    Your wish is my command.

Wowzers, top stuff! Don't suppose there's a winning lottery number predictor feature you could enable for us, or maybe a button that displays a random Rachel Riley picture on screen? I'm a simple chap, I don't need much to make me happy...

• I think someone asked in a different thread if you got the Christmas light box off the Gas Man?

• I haven't got the xmas lights box I'm afraid. It was stuck behind the water tank.

• Prepare for the backlash to begin!! ;)

• I'll pick up some budget secular holiday lights from Lidl and put them up in June.

• @Fidget said:
    Wowzers, top stuff! Don't suppose there's a winning lottery number predictor feature you could enable for us, or maybe a button that displays a random Rachel Riley picture on screen? I'm a simple chap, I don't need much to make me happy.

I'd vote for the Rachel Riley button

• A sub section for tatics would be nerdtastic, and probably my new home. Also a section for players of Football Manger, they can discuss how they have brought messi and Ronaldo and if they can do it why can't Gareth.⚽

• @drcongo said:
    Some stats for the first full day

Slightly suspect data from Google Analytics:

• Male visitors: 54.15%
    • Female visitors: 45.85%

I pity any female visitors who stumble on here to view close ups of KeithBarret's chest wig ... You can almost smell the brut 33 dripping off the page

• I also second a football manager sub section. I'm currently battling to keep Wycombe in the Championship in the year 2020. The only original player I have left is Pierre, although I only just shipped Ingram out this season.

Sorry. I just nerded out to the max there.