Skip to content

Mr Howard said no penalty shoot out for kids....

Because of wear and tear of pitch. But bunch of American comedians and film crew is fine. Come on get your priorities sorted out!!

Comments

• Money is the priority unfortunately.

• 2410 people at a fiver a ticket plus catering revenue - I think his priority is spot on

• what the club made yesterday probably nearly covered the budget for a week if what we keep being told is true.

• It was an afternoon that made us a few bob...come on people. They did not drive a digger on there or chop off any of the players legs, did they? (Apologies if they did...)

• Anyone whinging about this needs to get a grip.

• Would it be too much to hope that @Watford_Blue was being ironic. The double exclamation marks suggest either that or that he/she felt they'd spotted Andrew Howard's Achilles heel. A scoop on a slow news day.
    As @perfidious_albion said yesterday, he and I should get out more.
    Oh, whoops, Mrs micra has reminded me that I was going to cut the grass.

• @micra said:
    Would it be too much to hope that Watford_Blue was being ironic. The double exclamation marks suggest either that or that he/she felt they'd spotted Andrew Howard's Achilles heel. A scoop on a slow news day.
    As perfidious_albion said yesterday, he and I should get out more.
    Oh, whoops, Mrs micra has reminded me that I was going to cut the grass.

Absolutely making money is a priority. But engaging with local youngsters should also be a priority. And surely we can do both and the pitch excuse doesn't wash.

As a side issue a bit of half time 'entertainment' might be nice. At Northampton i quite enjoyed an obese fan's abysmal attempts to get a ball into the back of a car boot. Get a local businesses to donate the prizes.

This board maybe should have a mindless rant section.

• Why, are you volunteering @Watford_Blue ? In my experience the whole board gives access to the occasional mindless rant. It's what makes the world go round.

• The half-time kids match at Notts County on Easter Monday was the most entertaining thing that happened all afternoon.

• Pity the goalie didn't score following his pitch length dribble

• That was a cracking match between two teams demonstrating very contrasting styles. The "all out total football" against the "packed defence and a goal hanger". As ever the outcome was decided by one team having a dodgy keeper - sadly the very same pitch length dribbling one.

• The penalty shoot out generated a bit of money each weak, 20 kids+ parents buying cheap tickets, spending a fortune at the food & drink kiosks, and maybe just maybe coming back again after.

• I'm all in favour of bringing them back.

Completely agree that the half time match at Notts County was more entertaining than the real game.

• I took two penalties at half time for my U12s team 17 years ago and I've been coming back ever since. I don't know how many others fall in love with the club this way but it has to be a good way of attracting kids to the club.

• 4G would guarantee a resumption. (Come on Chas!)