Skip to content

MK Franchise now 6 points adrift from safety

Pete Wanklemens sordid dream starting to unravel.

Comments

• A house built upon sand

Their eventual, inevitable demise will be an absolute joy to behold

• I hope you are both right, one of the biggest injustices in football was the creation of that thing.

• And ex Wanderer Hause scored an OG to put MK Mongs in front.

• I'm afraid MK are here to stay, despicable as they are.

Their fanbase right now is not loyal and have jumped on the Championship bandwagon, so they probably will see a big drop in attendances if they go down and struggle to go back up immediately. However, they will be able to sustain League 1 football I think.

Further into the future though. there are plenty of kids growing up in Milton Keynes as part of a generation who have lived there all their life, and I feel their support will eventually swell and they will one day have the financial clout to be a competitive Championship team.

• More likely those kids will grow up supporting one of the big London or Manchester clubs. Aren't a large number of kids tickets for Franchise games still given away free or on the cheap. Not sure how sustainable that is in the long term.

One scenario might be that Winkleman flogs the club off cheap but keeps ownership of the stadium and (I believe) surrounding area, much like Kassam did at Oxford. The difference being that Oxford have a deep-rooted local support to just about sustain them.

• MK Dons are more likely to stay up than us get in the playoffs !!! Wonder what odds you could get on that ..........

• A thread about MK Dons...and you still cannot resist a dig at your own team, rmj?

• @Wendoverman not only that, but big up that abomination. Maybe he's the BFP's erstwhile Franchise cheerleader Alan Feldberg?