Skip to content

Comments

• This is what I was referring to last week by the way.

• Just read the article while reading my lunch....

I'm inclined to take what he says at face value and not look for hidden agendas. He is not a property developer.

• This is an interestiong quote from Mr Howard
    “So the term ‘sale of the club’ is wrong [when discussing the club’s future]. The term ‘using the asset of the club to make money’ is right."

Not sure quite how to interpret that ??

• The primary asset (after the team) is the stadium. I'd assume he means making better - and more frequent - use of the stadium.

• I think what he means by it is the whole 'brand'. Making "Wycombe Wanderers FC" a brand people want to be involved and invest in.

We have so many unique things about our club, if we utilise it all, making it all part of WWFC it makes the whole thing more interesting and appealing.

• I have to say everything I read and hear about him impresses me. Unfortunately, the Hayes experience has made us all wary of anyone "just trying to make the club successful out of the goodness of their heart" as it's nigh on impossible to tell the genuine guy from the shark.

I hope he sticks with it and turns out to be genuine as it sounds like he has a truly exciting plan to take the club forward in the right way.

• I agree Rolo. Mr Hayes said all the right things and was very convincing and charismatic, up until the point that he didn't need to be anymore. If I remember correctly at one point he even had Che persuaded of his good intentions.

So no matter what Andrew Howard says, we'd do well not to trust him completely. But he seems to have had a positive impact so far (although our on the field success could just be a coincidence).

• The pro-Howard media campaign presses on. Hayes liked to show he was a 'nice bloke' at the start as well.

Never forget.

• I also agree with @Rolo - I can't assume everyone is another Steve Hayes but equally, scepticism should be understood.

• @Tory_Goon Well said. He certainly knows how to play the crowd, and media. When the stories are about to come out he then seems to go overboard with spin. Is this how its going to be?

• Whilst we cannot totally trust Howard this early in his reign, it must be borne in mind that the majority of people do not have the morals of Sharkey

• He certainly appears to be steering toward a steady recovery. Good on him. The sort of commercial brain we needed. May he stay a long time.

• I was impressed with the interview, comes across as a decent fella. I know some people are wary after Hayes but let's give him a chance at least.

• Given a choice Id have Mr Whippy in charge rather than Sharky every day of the week.

In years to come we will look back and be thankful Andrew Howard got involved when he did. The club hasn't gone into administration and unlike most clubs the path forward looks realistice, and not delusional.

I will never forget taking my sister to Brentford away when a certain Mr Hayes strutted into the stand, "who's that, he looks like a gangster?" I'll be asking her to choice my lottery numbers next week.

• A few years ago, i bought some football memorabillia from a former Brentford director. The man was a perfect gentleman,and we had a long chat about football.
    He spoke kindly of Terry Evans, but shook his head and tutted in disgust about whom he called "Tel's mate".
    As it was very early days in Mr Hayes involvement in WWFC, i was keen to find out a bit more info from the gentleman. But he declined my 'digging' and reponded by saying "he would rather not, speak about that man, but to be very careful"
    Those words,never left my head during Hayes reign, and those warning words from the ex Bees director, turned out to be pretty accurate.

• @ChasHarps said:
    A few years ago, i bought some football memorabillia from a former Brentford director. The man was a perfect gentleman,and we had a long chat about football.
    He spoke kindly of Terry Evans, but shook his head and tutted in disgust about whom he called "Tel's mate".
    As it was very early days in Mr Hayes involvement in WWFC, i was keen to find out a bit more info from the gentleman. But he declined my 'digging' and reponded by saying "he would rather not, speak about that man, but to be very careful"
    Those words,never left my head during Hayes reign, and those warning words from the ex Bees director, turned out to be pretty accurate.

Remember Evans' Captain's Log column in the Blues News paper that used to appear as a BFP insert? That was written for him by Steve Hayes - Sharky once dropped it off personally at BFP towers in Gomm Road.