Skip to content

The Opposition View - Stanley

What Stanley boss John Coleman had to say (a lot), plus a handful of comments from their fans.

http://www.wycombe.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=439498

Comments

• The usual moans.

• At least they are criticising the ref rather than labelling us as cheats.

• Coleman is a disrespectful t#at, I really do hope they do not go up...a gate over under 2000....embarrassing just like your manager.

• I like how Coleman implies that he would never have a team of his play with our 'style of football' then admits in his next sentence to his team using the same approach in the second half.

• Yes. That was when, as he says, they panicked a bit; which doesn't say a great deal about his own managerial qualities. And - what are the chances of "... a sunny August day with a nice lush pitch..." in Accrington? Embarrassing excuses.

• Ainsworth often gets stick for making subs too late. Sounds like he got it spot on with Ugwu last night though.

• Let's see what his excuses are when we beat them on a nice sunny day in April at Adams Park.

• Like him or not, Coleman has done a fantastic job this season getting a small club with a tiny budget to challenge for promotion while by all accounts playing an attractive style. Should be manager of the year for the division IMHO regardless of season outcome (but wont be- that will go to Wilder)

• I wasn't particularly impressed with the football Accrington played, though they did try and play more in the first half definitely.

Second half Wycombe played some much better stuff, particularly through Thompson, and for Coleman to say otherwise is ungracious at best.

• when we played in on the deck, not v often I admit I thought we caused them real problems.