Skip to content

Comments

• Great speed, thanks for this.

• Thanks Dale. Chimes with Player commentary (which was excellent as usual).

• It was an entertaining game which we started very well. Overall a draw fairly reflected the balance of play, if anyone I'd say we shaded it (although our goal came out of nothing) but I'd have taken a point before and at any time during the game. Liburd's performance was completely anonymous, Ugwu's was the opposite and really made a difference. Proper striker's goal by Thompson.

• Entertaining ???? Awful game for me. A point each was about right.

• Any idea of attendance?

• Good performance tonight against a useful Stanley side who fancy themselves to play a bit more football than the usual league two outfits.

In the end Wycombe slightly edged it thanks to our trademark effort and determination...and the extra midfielder in the middle of the park helped too.

The back four were terrific as was Matt Bloomfield in the holding role other than two horrible moments in the first half that could easily have led to goals, once when caught in possession and once with a sloppy pass. Overall though he gave Wycombe a calm assurance in midfield, giving Luke and Harriman the chance to press high up the field.

The only real disappointment was Rowan Liburd. Not convinced he's quite the target man that Gareth was talking up after the Stevenage game. He struggled to win anything on the ground or in the air and his substitution was a blessed relief. I'd be interested to see him in one of the wide roles in a 4-3-3 though. Ugwu by contrast was terrific when he came on and gave our attack the focal point it badly needed. More please Gozie.

In the end it was a tale of two slightly fortunate goals. Accy's was a mile offside and it's hard to see how the linesman missed it given it was right in front of him. While Wycombe's came from a slightly fortunate ricochet that played Thommo in. But he finished it with aplomb.

A fair result and a good point.

• Excellent post @TheatreOfChairs.
    Attendance 1403. 142 Wycombe. One yellow - Thompson.

• 1400 odd and 142 I think wycombe

• Pipped ya!

• Thanks chaps.

• Interesting how some see that game as entertaining - it took around 30 minutes for Wycombe to complete 3 passes in the first half. Second half was better - Thompson, Gozie and Hayes looked good - but the quality was still poor from both sides.

Maybe those who watch more often have lower expectations, which is fair enough, but seeing as Accrington were painted as some sort of lower league purists I wasn't that impressed.

• I think different people are entertained by different things. Give me a long ball flicked on by a scrapping centre forward over tiki-taka keeping possession for long periods any day.

• Difficult conditions to contend with last night, though. Bumpy, patchy pitch and an awkward swirling wind. Harry almost scored with a sort of mis-hit which seemed to spin up in the air and get caught in the wind - Accy keeper was almost caught out. I thought once we got to grips with their energy and spirit we more than held our own and were definitely the better side in the second half.

• @Chris yep couldn't disagree more

• Got to admit that last night was a step back as far as I was concerned the endless high balls made for a poor spectacle. Interestingly I was talking with the Accrington coaching staff and management team after the game and they were horrified with our style of play, although they accepted that its down to us if we want to play that way. But they were also equally horrified that we had turned Joe Jacobson into this hoof merchant when he is one of the most cultured footballers in the lower leagues. They should know after all he played for them back in 2011. But football is all about opinions isn't it.

On a side note the Robbie savage sideshow did not really work did it!

http://www.accringtonobserver.co.uk/news/tv-pundits-robbie-savage-jermaine-11054479

Nice to see the predicted away following was as predicted 142

• @peterparrotface don't pretend you were interested in anything other than the tick off and bizarre terrace structures

• I think we should be pleased and relieved with winning and drawing and getting to the play-offs...though it is nice to see football break out every now and then, I honestly don't expect League Two to be that entertaining!