Skip to content

Comments

• Accrington seem likely to be without Windass (hernia surgery), Crooks (late fitness test) and Gornell. That's 22 goals.
    They conceded 3 goals at home to the inconsistent Portsmouth on 5 March (albeit with former Wanderers' barman Jason Mooney deputising for the suspended Etheridge). We have a good track record there so I'm going to go for a Wycombe victory. Hope springs eternal in the human breast!

• It is going to be very tough at Accrington, Gareth moans about budgets but I am sure Accringtons is considerably lower. They have done a fantastic job to maintain a play off place, I for one expected them to fall away. Whilst a win would be great, a draw would be good. I suspect the atmosphere will be very strange. Wednesday night Champions League on the telly, if Wycombe take 30 fans I will be very impressed. I predict no more than 1 goal scored and the lowest league attendance of the season.

• more than 30 tickets have been sold so thats put the end to that little idea !

• Another positive - for once in a wonder a dry pitch, dry weather and light wind. Ditto Carlisle.

• Prepare to be impressed Fit2drop! That's nearly as bad a prediction as DevC's Halifax attendance.

• Loads of Wycombe fans in the north west @Fit2drop

• I assume that the team will be staying 'up north' somewhere.
    There will be Wycombe supporters staying in various locations through the north west, have a great time all !

• More than happy to be wrong on the 30. I younger brother, niece and my 2 sons dont miss many away. All are missing Accy due to work or school commitments. Bruv and niece are off to Carlisle on Saturday. Me and the boys are off to Griffin Park as there will never again be a ground with a pub on every corner.

• M3GM3G
    edited March 2016

@Fit2drop Loads of Blues up here. Preston UNi always has a healthy smattering from Wycombe. Wycombe Fans In Blackpool, Liverpool, Manchester, Oldham, Rochdale, Lancaster, Lytham St Annes. These are ones I personally know. I think you will find it will touch three figures.

As the Mighty Mick Jones of the Clash once sang - Cos years have passed and things have changed and i move anyway i wanna go, i'll never forget the feeling i got when i heard that you were home, and i'll never forget the smile on my face
    'cos i knew where you would be, an if you're in the crown tonight have a drink on me
    but go easy...step lightly...stay free.

So see you in the Crown from 5!