Skip to content

Season ticket prices out early this year

2»

Comments

• The club are missing out on additional income of at least a tenner a match for each extra child I might bring on a free season ticket.

• I agree that there is a good case to focus ticket pricing strategy on getting kids and young people in. My involvement started as a result of free tickets my son got from school holiday Football in the Community courses. I don't suppose I am the only one.

• @arnos_grove Agree.I have sat with a growing number of mates in the Frank Adams
    since it was built. I bought season tickets for 1st one of my daughters and lots of years later for my grand daughter. She now has a Saturday job so can't attend matches. I now take my 7 year old grandson but he is yet to 'get' that going to the match is every week and misses quite a few. In terms of cost it would be better to go into the family enclosure but I could end up sitting by myself some weeks. The outcome will probably be that I won't buy a junior season ticket next year and buy his on a match by match basis with me in upper Frank Adams. On a slightly different note, I was a member of the Woodlands lounge but on enquiring last year, when the prices went up, how it would work for my grand children I was informed by the 'marketing lady' that I would have to buy an adult for me and adult for my grand daughter and a junior for my grandson - total cost £300. I declined the offer.

• Our ticket prices are very reasonable. I'm not too concerned about a small increase

• Interesting compare and contrast article on ye olde Gasroom about prices. Seems my season ticket has only gone up by £50 or so since 1999, which seems pretty reasonable. http://www.chairboys.co.uk/onthenet/tickets.htm

• Sorry to raise a negative point here but I do wish the club would release the prices of single tickets at the same time. Then those of us who go to most (but never all) home matches could make an informed decision about the affordability of season tickets. Am I to base my comparison on the current prices or is it reasonable to assume that these will be going up next season?

• edited March 2016

Probably depends which division we are in next season Rolo, which is why they can't release individual game prices yet, same for multiple Seasons Ticket option mentioned by someone in an earlier post. Perhaps a multiple purchase 'carnet' system of say 10 games - think Oyster card, priced between Season Ticket and individual ticket could be made available and would work in your circumstances (& mine), although the admin/tech costs start to get restrictive I guess?

• @perfidious_albion this was in force a few years back - Gold, Silver, Bronze for 12,6,3 games. I thought it was a good option and used it but remember quite a bit of opposition to it on the old gasroom when it was first introduced. "Too complicated and not needed" was a common cry

• @Fit2drop well done, cheating clubs, you must be well proud!

I'm surprised not one club has asked for your age though. But as you're basically lying with what you're doing, maybe you haven't told us the whole truth here lol.

What other fraud do you commit regularly? Cheeky bit of benefits?

• If they don't ask him how old he is then it's at least half their fault.

• Also I guess the implication is that he looks old for his age.

• He purposely asks for the concession and I expect they make the mistake of thinking older people are more honest.

• Older people are more forgetful.

• Hmm, @perfidious_albion has a point about ticket prices whilst we don't know what division we'll be in, but certainly on the multi-season ticket front I guess that would be seen as part of the deal for fans giving money up front. Just as it is if I buy my season ticket in advance of knowing which division we'll be in next season as I did for this season.

• Looking at the per game price for my seat in the family stand

14/15: £10.50
    15/16: £11.20
    16/17: £11.40

(for an adult early bird) fairly reasonable I think