Skip to content

Fans Council - for anyone interested

Please see post on http://www.wycombewandererstrust.com/

Wycombe Wanderers Trust are delighted to announce the launch of a Fans Council – please see the below post detailing the purpose and what you need to do to get involved:

Hello Chairboys & Chairgirls,

We are delighted to announce that we will be holding our first Fans Council meeting on the evening of Tuesday 8th March at 7.30pm from Adams Park. The purpose of the Council is to increase interaction between supporters, the Trust, and the Football Club.

We are looking for 20 eager supporters who would like to come along and engage in a Q & A session, and to share any ideas you may have. We would ideally like to include supporters of all ages, and from all parts of the ground (The Bucks New University Terrace, The Origin Family Stand, the Frank Adams Stand and the Beechdean Stand).

In order to keep the evening constructive, and to give all of those who wish to come an opportunity to speak, we will be limiting the number to 20 people initially. Should the evening prove successful we will look to increase the number for future meetings, and we will ensure that supporters are rotated so that everybody has the opportunity to get involved.

We are delighted to say that Wycombe Wanderers Football Club chairman Andrew Howard has agreed to chair the event, and we will also have a special guest in attendance as well as Wycombe Wanderers Trust Chairman Trevor Stroud. Trust Director Dale Jenkins and supporter Mark Bowring will set the agenda and confirm the finer details in the near future, both of whom have taken on the responsibility of setting up and organising the Council. Refreshments will also be provided on the night.

This is an open forum where providing feedback, bouncing around new ideas, and telling us how you feel things could be improved will be encouraged.

To register your interest please email your name & contact details to: [email protected]. If possible, we would also like you to include the following:

1) A question you would like to ask the Andrew Howard or Trevor Stroud.

2) Describe your average match day experience at Adams Park (In less than 50 words)

3) Any ideas you have that you think could benefit the club.

Please note that for legal or other reasons we may not be able to answer all questions with all of the details you may wish for, but rest assured the evening will be as open and informative as possible. Be warned however, we will also have some questions for you!

Those that are successful will be emailed an agenda in the coming week, and if demand succeeds capacity your details will be added to our database and included in future council sessions.

Yours,

The Fans Council

Comments

• I like this initiative, and if anyone is attending could they please make the following suggestion:

Hold things like this on a Saturday evening after a home match. Those of us who work and don't live local to Adams Park simply can't make 7.30 on a Tuesday evening.

• Personally, I think the Chairperson should be independent to ensure balance and fairness. After all, it's supposed to be for the fans, is it not? I would hate to see sensitive issues filtered out' by management...

• @Greg I agree with that. Would also remove the "intimidation" factor.
    @drcongo Good idea. Not easy for everyone to get there on a Tuesday night.

• I would suggest that those bothered by balance and fairness should not bother going along. The forum needs people who are prepared to say what they feel they need to and trust the information will be absorbed and acted on in a fair and proper manner.
    There is quite simply no place for a them and us attitude.

Hope it proves to add previously unthought of information to the mix. Wishing the forum every success.

• As a FAN OWNED club, wouldn't it be nice if the FANS were allowed to get on with it rather than be supervised by management.

• "Allowed to get on with it" is a strange and rather vague concept! Get on with what and with whose acquiescence is the obvious question.

• This is has the potential to be an excellent initiative, though it will need all parties to want to make it work to make it worthwhile. I hope all that attend or follow from the sidelines will go into it with that attitude, and you never know, we might start to make some progress on including greater layers of supporters into the running of the club.

• That would be great but my concern regarding @Greg's comment reflected the fact that it was reminiscent of the kind of immature and unrealistic comments which pour forth from some folk on the Fans' Facebook page. I hope I'm wrong and that, if chosen, he will not feel intimidated and will bring sensible "doable" ideas and constructive suggestions to the table.

• I understand Greg's concern, but it seems to be that any Chair would struggle to be independent, and in his haste to put up bridges, he may be overlooking the potential positives of this move. Perhaps Andrew Howard has himself learnt from some of the mistakes of the past. The notion that fans and management are inevitably divided and cannot share a room together doesn't seem a recipe for anything to be achieved at all.

• I'm independent, unbiased, fair minded and bloody good looking IMHO

• I think it's the moustache.

• ...that and the squint.

• We need to wrest control of our own future from the unelected undemocratic Eurocrats with their open borders, human rights laws and strangehold on our transfer policy...hold on I might be getting confused.

• @Chris I use wax. Oh and @Cyclops its not a squint its smouldering .

• edited February 2016

@Morris_Ital Smouldering sounds a bit inflammatory Morris, mate. But with my own ocular deficiency I suppose I shouldn't be poking fun at others.

• Are you very large and monocular then @Cyclops?

• Eye, that's right @micra

• I have another suggestion. Next year we should send whoever is in charge of marketing and fan engagement on the trust to SXSW in Texas which now has lot of sports related talks. I went to a couple of them last year about how US "soccer" teams were growing their fanbases and engaging fans outside of the match day. It was fascinating.

Disclaimer: I'm on the SXSW Advisory Board.