Skip to content

Happy Birthday Aaron Holloway

Happy birthday Aaron. 23 today. Good to see him getting game time. Looks relaxed and happy in the Oldham welcome video.

Comments

• Happy birthday holla! I've been trying to follow him on Oldham forum and Twitter, looks like he's doing well good for him.

• Yep good luck at Oldham

• Looking at the tweets they are all about his power, strength, commitment, passion, application, effort.

Makes you think what the hell was going wrong at WWFC

• Happy birthday Aaron, Your doing well, always knew you would.

• Wow I am not the only one keeping track of AAH @scarlet . Obviously left a good impression on Sheridan from the PlymouthA Playoffs. Anyway Happy Birthday Big Fella. Also nice to see @ticktock is still looking out for the Chairboys.

• edited February 2016

good luck to him

• @TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:
    Looking at the tweets they are all about his power, strength, commitment, passion, application, effort.

Makes you think what the hell was going wrong at WWFC

Sounds just like the AAH of the end of last season when he was also trying to win himself a longer contract...

I thought we knew what went wrong at WWFC? He didn't like being out of the side, moaned and sulked about it rather than getting his head down - and therefore fell out of favour with a manager who quite understandably doesn't want disharmony in his small, tightly-knit squad. GA alluded to as much in his post match interview last Saturday when praising Steven McGinn. Or do you think something more sinister happened?

I'm as gutted as anyone that it didn't work out for AAH and really do hope he goes on to fulfill his undoubted promise (and I too will be following his progress closely), but sometimes even with the best will in the world things just don't work out and a change of circumstance is all that will fix it.

We know that GA really did rate him highly from the things he's said about him in the past, so I can't imagine he will have made the decision to let him go lightly - I'm sure it was very much a last resort. Does anyone really think that GA wouldn't have tried his very best to keep hold of such a promising young player when helping develop such talent seems to be one of his strengths and passions?

• Excellent post @Fidget. Spot on, sadly. I'm just clinging to the hope that the loan spell may ultimately prove to be a reality check for a young man who for some time may have lacked a realistic sense of direction.

• Game is based on opiioions I don't think we played to his strengths and our play style didn't suit him. As for contracts AAH didn't sign his offer so entirely up to him where he thinks he may progress.

• He is defiantly progressing at oldham , good all round move.

• Being defiant can be a mixed blessing @ticktock.

• Do you think @Ciderk1d that our playing style has changed this season?

• If you have read GA's statement today he clearly says it was his choice to send Holloway on loan as it wasn't fair him not getting games . he odv had pch in his plans so hope He's not to badly injured or we are short of players upfront, and also hope Hayes can stay fit to.

• edited February 2016

@micra said:
    Do you think Ciderk1d that our playing style has changed this season?

Yes, less football more ensuring our defensive capacity. Expecting strikers to track back as much as they do surely is having an impact creating meaningful chances. It's only my opinion and it counts for nothing.

• I'm sure I'm not alone in valuing your opinions @Ciderk1d and they certainly don't count for nothing I generally agree with what you say. My point in asking you if you thought our playing style had changed this season was your implication that it had in fact and that this was the reason why AAH had not performed as well this season as he did during the latter stages of last season. I don't buy that. I think he simply felt, for whatever reason, that he no longer had a future at Adams Park. Presumably he already felt that way when he was offered an extension to his contract. We were expecting great things and, without apportioning blame, feel frustrated and slightly cheated.

• I thought AAH had a good start to this season tbh. He had a cracking game againsed York and a few more after. I personally think it all started when we got a new striker In mr T and AAH was pushed out a bit. I think putting him on then 5,10 min left to try and save a game when we are loosing mabe made him frustrated. Also I think he wanted to finish off from the first villa game and he wasn't chosen and I'm afraid he lost it from then. Call it selfish and sulking if you like but I call it passion to play.if you read Banton's piece he wrote about not playing on Saturdays and none through the week it's understandable with no reserve team.