Skip to content

disliked players..

2»

Comments

• I'm very impressed Eric. I feel I ought to have a list in me but my memory isn't that good

• Alan Scotting - horrible.

• edited November 2016

Lee Bowyer, Jon Parkin, Diving Danny H, Jonjo O'Toole, (deleted)

• Nicky Forster was a wind up merchant

• P Bo thanks for the link. Away fans 2,300 one of the most memorable games ever. Any prediction of when we will match that away attendance in the league.

• Andy Hessenthaler !! Horrible piece of work.

• Lee Molyneaux when playing for Morecambe, just a thug and wind up merchant.

• In the higher leagues hated obvs Dennis Wise & Steve sedgley. From a WWFC perspective - Gallen is a good call as is Ellison. Kavanagh was a always a little shite and who was that little Northampton skinhead that Steve Brown head butted. He was grim.

• Richard Brodie when he played for Fleetwood.

• Brownie headbutted a few over the years. Don't remember the Northampton one but do remember him dropping the nut on Martin Butler at Reading. And rightly so.

Just remembered Darren Caskey. What a tit he was

• Never like Darren Purse either. Still playing for Chesham

• @Fit2drop, I can remember John Still having an altercation with a Wycombe fan at the end of our first Trophy game, at Ilford in '74 when we lost 3-0. To me it looked like he spat at the fan after something was said. Still had a fearsome reputation as a hard player, everyone loved to hate him, but I admire him as a manager.

• edited November 2016

The chaps talking about the infamous Senda/McSporran QPR away mixup, brings it's all back.

The most hideous decision in perhaps our whole football league history, tinged with a sinister undertone of racism.

I wasn't at the game, but watching the highlights back brings an incredible fury. I can only imagine the atmosphere at the game. Potential riot worthy with the wrong set of fans.
    I'm sure McSporran was keeping right out of the scuffle about 50yards away in the other half!

Is there some rule that once someone has been dismissed you can't "go and get them" if it's wrong?
    Even if there was, surely common sense would have been just sticking with the wrong decision, rather than making it an even more embarrassing mess.

• Slightly off topic but there is so much knowledge on this thread about Wycombe players back in the '70s onwards that I wondered whether anyone recalled a player called Adrian Mann. I saw his name on one of the websites I was perusing in connection with this or the other thread and I have a vague memory of someone of that name playing a few games for Wycombe, probably in the '70s. I think he may have been a bit of a maverick.

• Adie Mann was signed in the late 80's amid Newport County's financial meltdown. I saw his debut in a capital league match. And he put in a sensational performance. He signed shortly afterwards with Lawrence Osborne. After a promising start, he fell out of favour with Jim Kelman. The diminutive striker was sold to Aylesbury United the following season.

• Thanks Chas. Much more recent than I thought. I think he may have been a bit ill-disciplined (time-keeping etc) which wouldn't have gone down too well with Jim Kelman.

• Steve Peart. I was stood next to the altercation at Ilford I remember being really shocked at the aggression of John Still but realising that as a player he was far to good to be playing amateur football. I think he played at Barking and was again awesome and nasty.

• @Malone said:
    The chaps talking about the infamous Senda/McSporran QPR away mixup, brings it's all back.

The most hideous decision in perhaps our whole football league history, tinged with a sinister undertone of racism.

I wasn't at the game, but watching the highlights back brings an incredible fury. I can only imagine the atmosphere at the game. Potential riot worthy with the wrong set of fans.
    I'm sure McSporran was keeping right out of the scuffle about 50yards away in the other half!

Is there some rule that once someone has been dismissed you can't "go and get them" if it's wrong?
    Even if there was, surely common sense would have been just sticking with the wrong decision, rather than making it an even more embarrassing mess.

where can I watch highlights any link?

• McSporran was literally the only outfield player not involved in the fracas.

Probably deserved to be sent off for not mucking in

• I still clearly remember that game at QPR. Kevin Gallen took a dive, celebrated like he'd scored a goal when the penalty was awarded which further angered the Wycombe players and fans, a fracas insued involving all players with the exception of McSporran & the QPR goalie who stood together watching the melee from the half way line. The end result was 2 sendings off (Senda & McSporran) and a booking for Wycombe, whilst the QPR players got away without any punishment! Incredible! QPR went on to miss the penalty as well.

You could tell the ref knew he'd made a huge error, as he gave us everything for the rest of the game, including a very dodgy penalty of our own. That and the referee in the 2-0 defeat at Bournemouth under O'Neill are the worst ref performances I've ever seen.

• Paul Rejer - an awful performance

And while we're at it let's stick Jason Brissett on the disliked players list

• As a manager, Graham Westley. It saddens me that we have emulated so many of his teams traits as time has worn on