Skip to content

Fan's Forum Thursday 18 February

Supporters are invited to a fans' forum this Thursday at Adams Park, providing the opportunity to hear about new plans for the club and the chance to put questions to a panel which will include Andrew Howard and Gareth Ainsworth.

The bar will open at 6pm with hot food (lasagne or curry also available. The forum is due to start at 7.30pm.

It would be great to see lots of younger fans.

Comments

• The article mentions it being a 'Professional Development Phase' which as far as I can work out is the final age group in a youth system under the EPPP system, for 17-21 year olds. I'm sure others will know more than me and can fill in the details.

Very promising if they can get it up and running, although does mention that it will need funding from supporters and businesses so I guess they will be looking for more members in the share scheme.

• Does that count as a 'modern apprenticeship' that the government pay something towards? I seem to remember YTS ads when I was at school saying they would pay you to train as a footballer.

• "I'm dead excited" to quote the great Bobby Ball

• I hope the announcement they'll have up their sleeve for tomorrow is a new contract for Luke. I'm getting increasingly concerned that one hasn't already been confirmed. Given the club generally tries to pin down its talented youngsters by Jan (think Ingram and Holloway contact extensions last season) I'm worried Luke's agent will have found some clubs significantly higher up the pyramid willing to show an interest. If anyone who's going could ask Luke about this tomorrow I for one would be grateful!

• and you think he will be allowed to answer ?

• @Fidget this is not linked to the Trust's share scheme, it is a football club led initiative and a separate pot to try and finance the relaunch of a young player programme. Something for those particularly irked or saddened by the closure of the previous Youth programme to get behind specifically. Hope to see some good backing for this as it will give our younger and perhaps more out of favour players a chance to be playing more competitive football and knock on the door of the first team squad.

• Fair point @rmjlondon and welcome aboard.

• @rmjlondon it's not much of a fans' forum if the club / Luke can't answer simple questions like that. Last time round Joe Jacobson spoke at length about his long term commitment to the Blues. Anyway, as I said, I'm hopeful that'll be the announcement they have up their sleeve.

• @aloysius Luke is his own agent, and manages his own affairs.

• @aloysius GA doesn't allow the players to talk about things unless they have been done, if he has signed then he will speak about it if not I suspect it will be its something thats in hand at the very most.

• Exactly @rmjlondon. We are talking here about two extremes. Joe Jacobson loves his football (and I guess is particularly happy to be at Adams Park). He is studying - I believe towards a career in accountancy or some other sphere of financial activity - and is therefore unequivocal about his commitment; Luke O'Nien is just setting out on his professional footballing career and is no doubt attracting interest from other clubs. Very different situations but I certainly hope that he will be prepared to commit to a contract extension.

• lets wait and see but Ive heard nothing about any announcements expected this evening

• This is where you miss Rich with his perceptive and enlightening information!

• I think he's here already.

• Luke is there for a reason.

• 6 hours 20 minutes to wait. Suspense killing anyone?

• @robin said:
    I think he's here already.

Is in R M (jLondon), our latest new arrival, you mean? Interesting idea

• Correct.

• Is it just a hunch Robin new posters are uncommon but not unheard of.

• In future would it be possible to broadcast these on the web and/or make a video available to view afterwards. I have subscribed to the share scheme, and am interested in these meetings, and would like to form my own opinions, unfortunately can't really justify attending with a 3 hour round trip.

• I have written to the Trust about this, see other thread.