Skip to content

Match day thread: Dagenham & Redbridge

13»

Comments

• The appropriate response is for the fans to get behind the players from the off on Saturday and for the players to reward them with decent football and a couple of goals. If the fans uphold their side and the performance/goals don't materialise who can blame them if they make their feelings known.
    Personally I can't abide booing your own players during the game so a few ironic chants would be just fine.

• I've never understood the 'i go to games to be entertained' line. I go to Arsenal - Chelsea to be entertained, i go to Wycombe Wanderers to watch us win.

• Pleased with the result, but have to agree that we DO actually have the players to play decent football, but seem to try and avoid doing it sometimes.

• @floyd; Maybe true, but players who you want to attract to your Club or keep may like to actual play decent football, seeing or hearing how we often play (hoofball), could be the ice breaker. Not everyone can win but how you go about it you can lure potential players to the Club.

We haven't done bad so far but is hoof and hope sustainable for a few more seasons, who knows, but I rather a mix off styles (more spells of deck football preferably ) and a plan A, B and C depending on circumstances and so do the people I sometimes bring through the gates.

• @Ciderk1d Maybe, but i wonder how far down the list the style of football comes when players are looking at a new club. Well below pay, convenience, and competition level i should think.

The ironic cheers by a section of our support every time we completed a pass at D&R would be far more damaging. A real WFAV outbreak.

• @floyd; Got to agree and maybe my fair weather friends.