Skip to content

Home form analysed

13»

Comments

• It's dead boring and I'm beginning to expect hoofball and defeat every time I attend a home game, much as I did two seasons ago. I'm sure that GA's first priority will be to amass sufficient points to guarantee League 2 status next season. When that happens maybe we'll be rewarded with some entertaining football and a few goals. I sincerely hope so although, with the current midfield and striking personnel, I don't hold out too much hope.

• A bit late to the discussion, GA is doing the best he can with the resources available. I am a realist and we are in League 2 and we have to play to our strengths, which will not always be easy on the eye.

Compare Wycombe to a team with considerable resource, who play a lovely passing game, and the fans there are not happy either, Man Utd. The similarities are the lack of goal mouth action, this is what the team needs to work on. The Luton game is a good example, it was the proverbial game of two halfs in the style of play, neither though made the Luton keeper work particularly hard.

On a 2nd point, people are suggesting we play 3 up front. Does nobody remember the discussion at the start of the season when we played 3 up front and everybody was begining to go to a conventional 4-4-2.

In GA I trust.

• @SurreyWanderer said:
    Does nobody remember the discussion at the start of the season when we played 3 up front and everybody was begining to go to a conventional 4-4-2.

Of course not, this is the gasroom. Heroes to zeroes in 3 matches is about par for the course.

• Personally I am a big fan of 1-4-3-3. If played correctly it can be very hard to beat with plenty of attacking intent. It means that their defence has to deal with 3 attackers and pinning them back not allowing them to get forward, narrow midfield 3 forces them wide and our narrow pitch gives them no space to play.
    We have the players to play this so why not try again?

• People get very hung up on formations these days don't they? I blame championship manager, FIFA and the like

• A lot of our short-comings this season is the drop in form of Sam Wood. He has been so consistent for us for so long you forget how important his support and assists are. I don't know if it is still a Wembley hang over but he just seems to have lost his mojo a bit. He always seemed like a player who played with a smile on his face and his creativity reflected that. He just doesn't seem that 'happy' when he plays at the moment and he almost seems nervous.
    Maybe some extra terrace support would bring back the player that has always given his all to us.