Skip to content

Plymouth away viewed from a different angle

Thought I'd post this in case some of you haven't seen it.

Comments

• Deary me how easily do the Plymouth players go to ground?

• Wasn't able to post the link for some reason but if you google Wycombe away Plymouth there's a link to a piece in the Plymouth Herald where a Plymouth fan (who lives in Wycombe) wrote a stern letter to the FA about the refs performance.

I laughed my Arsenal off as it is such a childish, toy throwing, sulky, whining, moaning letter it's worth a read.

".....but then Wycombe wasted time, and then Wycombe pulled a shirt, and then they didn't let us score....." As I said laughed my Arsenal off.

COYB

• Thanks for the link, that's a very nicely made clip.

• Ffs some of their falling down was pathetic,and they accuse us of cheating! LOL!

• It gives a good view of the 'stonewall' penalty claim. It didn't look like a penalty at the time, and till doesn't. Once McCarthy put hands on Reid he went down far too easily. The Assistance Ref on the line was totally unimpressed, and the appeals looked more hopeful than convinced.

I think the whole 'bad tempered match' and time wasting thing has been talked up out of all proportion. We took our time getting the ball back in play, but Plymouth showed little urgency until the final quarter, and at times took as long, if not longer, over throw-ins. Shirt pulling, as in every match, was a two way thing, and there were a couple of incidents that amounted to an exchange of views and a bit of jostling.

It all seems to be a smokescreen to hide how poor Plymouth were on the day, and how dominant Wycombe were in defence and midfield. I felt that Bean had the best match I've seen him play.

• If you have Player, watch the extended highlights on the Plymouth player, the commentator's bias makes Bill Turnball sound neutral as Switzerland!