Skip to content

The Opposition View - Plymouth

Comments

• A very enjoyable read.

• what a sad deluded bunch of inbred doughnuts no team wins by just turning up .we played well enough to beat em reid done nothing our back 4 had agreat day as did all our boys .PLYMOUTH face it you aint as good as you think see you in the play offs and you know the line DONT WORRY ABOUT A THING CAUSE EVERY LITTLE THING GONNA BE ALRIGHT.

• Quite embarrassing that their manager thinks we time wasted by having our gk stretched off! Really? Rest of the fans follow suite with their sour grapes.

• Love PAFC94 post. Scribes 4 lines moaning about WWFC & GA tactics and 1 line saying saying "not making excuses, we were Shiite!". To be fair, some of the later posts were more balanced. The sour grapes were in abundance at the beginning, which is same old same old whenever we win.

• I am surprised at their surprise that a team that's introduced a 46 year old retired keeper isn't in the market to play expansive, champagne football.

• All this continual complaint that our time wasting cost them the game is a red herring. A referee adds time on, and if he doesn't, any blame should lay with him.

• Well said Arnos what did they expect.

• Clearly there is no love lost between the sides, I think GA was unhappy at their gamesmanship at AP earlier in the season, delaying kick off moaning at the GPS trackers and they were generally a dirty spoiling side. Adams says it is a continuation of the play-off matches last season but both of those were played in a good spirit so he's just talking bull there. On limited resources it is great we have players and management that can fight and scrap us to three points at a promotion challenger and who cares if they can't take it.

• worse than Stevenage and Westley? I doubt that somehow!

• I don't remember any anger or dislike during or after last seasons play off games. What has happened this season to get us to yesterday?

• I do remember a lot of their fans being furious with us after the home game play off. Plenty of resentment.

• I do remember the home match becoming very niggly towards the end, but that time it was due to Plymouth's time wasting tactics and 'game management' Sounds like we evened things up on that score yesterday.

• What's the three little birds song?

• @bigred87 Bob Marley song. " don't worry about a thing, cos every little thing gonna be alright".

• Why do we sing it to Plymouth

• Because they sang it to us at Home Park in the play off game. We were cruising at 3-0 then they scored and started singing & holding up there mobile phones, we did the same to them at AP in the second leg.

• Another team to join that select band of Bristol Rovers, Oxford, Bletchley Town and Colchester Utd who seem to be under the delusion that they are far too good to be a) playing us in the same league, or b) Us having the temerity to beat them or c) Us showing how to be gracious in defeat (Well mostly!)

Their manager is still bleating on and making himself look a prize arse......Perhaps he should be asking how come in 87 minutes his team couldn't score a goal...obviously nothing to do with his set up......

• Hugely enjoyable. Plymouth Argyle are Reading c.2001.

• It amazes me how anyone can be proud of our reputation

• its not about a reputation inthis instance argyle are arrogant twats .their manager had a proper go at joe jacobson during the game they were tackling our players unfairly.shirt pulling all the normal crap .and when their twat manager tries to heap it all on us we should defend OUR TEAM. i personaly dont like some of the stuff i watch but i will defend my team 150 per cent against the likes of the holy trinity ie oxford. brizzle . and plymoof.they are not as good as they think they are and i for one will always take winning ugly over these div 2 prima donnas.

• What Deardsie said.....Feck them all

• Here's a question for those of us following the game on BBC text/twitter (I know - but some of us have wives to pacify):

When JJ went down injured and the text said there was a long break in play, was your first thought:

"Oh god I hope he's not seriously injured..." Or was it:

"Oh FFS. There's over an hour to go. Have we really resorted to this already?"

I'm not taking sides on this, but the JJ going down injured for a bit does seem to be this year's tying the shoelace ruse

• @deardsie - "they were tackling our players unfairly.shirt pulling all the normal crap"

Exactly! It went on all through the game. Ref. lets it all go and their fans start singing about the ref being biased!

I think all the bad feeling between the sides goes back to that incident just before half time at the play-off game, in Plymouth, when one of their players split Paul Hayes' head open with a dubious/late physical challenge. I recall Baz getting involved in a heated exchange with some/all their bench. Not sure the ref. even gave a free kick for that.

We are expected to pitch up at places like Plymouth (and other so-called big clubs - PNL and the rest) and simply roll over. We don't give it away now mainly because Gaz/Baz/Dobbo have got this great team spirit going. The boys are prepared to roll up their sleeves and fight and, maybe, "winning ugly" as Deardsie says. It might not be pretty but I'll take it any day. And if the big city boys don't like it they can all get stuffed. Stevenage too.

• Our reputation merely makes for huge enjoyment of watching opposition fans throwing all of their toys out of their prams on their forums when we go to their grounds and beat them.

Of course this works in reverse when we have to endure the gloating of 'we beat scummy little Wycombe with their dirty tactics' when we lose some games. But while we keep our amazing away record going the ratio works in our favour.

• In the end, the team that scores more goals wins. We have a reputation that is used as a stick to beat us...but except for some of the excessive time-wasting that has been embarrassing at times...I very much doubt we are any dirtier than any other League Two side.

• bookertease, the boot tieing continues, in the first half they looked to take a quick free kick just inside our half only to find Beano tieing his boot whilst kneeling over the ball - quality. He had a v good first game back by the way, made all the difference to the steel of mid field .

• I don't particuarly like the reputation we're getting, but it's just the sheer hypocrisy of managers like Adams that winds me up. They employed exactly the same tactics when beating us at Adams Park earlier this season. The last 30mins of that game was full of niggly fouls and their players continually going down with apparent injuries. It worked very effectively for them that day, because despite the scoreline, we were playing well, but they ended up disrupting us to an extent that they held on quite comfortably.

• I agree with every word you have said Wycombe85