Skip to content

Steven Craig

2»

Comments

• Entirely agree with you on Holloway @Fidget

• @mooneyman I think in the latter half of last season he showed that he was perfectly capable of fitting in with the style and ethos of an Ainsworth team, whilst also displaying his rather considerable ability. He was bullying defenders, not giving them a moments rest, whilst unselfishly (too much sometimes) bringing his teammates into play, displaying a quite delicious touch on the ball coupled with sheer power and a good footballing brain.

This season not so much, but I don't know whether that's because we appear to be playing a more direct style or because his head isn't right, or a combination of several factors - nobody will know for sure, but I sure hope the management and Holloway work out between them what it is.

What I can say with almost 100% certainty is that if he does end up leaving because of whatever is going on at the moment, the same people who are calling for him to be booted out for his 'attitude' and for having the temerity to not clap the away support at Villa Park will be the first to moan 'why did we let him go' if he then goes on to fulfill his potential elsewhere.

• @aloysius I can categorically say that I am not David Roberton, and that I have never been on the Trust or Football Club board at any time! I'm not sure at all how I ever gave the impression that I was him in the discussions about the AGM, I just hope this doesn't fall foul of @drcongo 's attempts to weed out posters impersonating people..