Skip to content

Pierre - QPR?

Heard from a friend of mine who is a QPR fan that Pierre is going to QPR. £300K I was told and it was part of the Harriman deal plus we get a loan player from them as well until the end of the season.
As ever its what I was told so no proof but there is chat on the QPR forum saying they are interested in him. We will see, if he goes good luck to him as he deserves to play at a higher level.

Comments

• Won't believe it until Rich confirms it is happening!

• 300k no way qpr can pay alot more 700k at least

• can and need to are two different things. To us he is worth £1m, to a buying club that knows we are £3m in debt he is not. He has demonstrated he is too good for LG2 but not LG1 or the Championship and that is where the gamble is for the buying club

• so atm league 1 he is still good there also if we only got offered say 350k that would just go towards the debt not to replacing him thats why we need alot more for him .

• As these things go it seems fairly realistic, but we'll see.

• If it's QPR then the possibility of a behind the scenes trade-off around Harriman's transfer will mean that we'll never really know what value was put on either of them. I did wonder how we could afford the fee that Harry would command and perhaps this is the answer. This doesn't worry me particularly, especially if we get a good loan player for the rest of the season. I'll be sorry to see AP leave AP but I think QPR would be an excellent move for him.

• you cant have much ambition then to say you aint worried considering we have no money for replacements

• AP's physical presence is astounding. I can't recall a stronger centre half at our level let alone at our club. Evans being the closest but he never had the athletic ability.
    However just like last season we have one centre half taking the plaudits whilst the other is doing a fantastic job as well. When you consider the lack of football over the past 2 seasons due to ==== and injury Stewart is playing incredibly well.
    One of my favourite moments of Tuesday was his drag back and then playing out of defence, despite being the last man, despite being against a Premiership forward, despite the perceived pressure of the occasion. IF AP goes then Stewart will not be far behind. This time with handshakes and blessings i hope

• My ambition is tinged with realism. The reality in particular being that if he gets an offer he wants to take, he's going to take it whether we like it or not. We will survive and prosper in the long term by young players like him and Harriman - and who knows, maybe even young McCarthy - actively choosing to drop down a couple of divisions to get regular first team football and we won't be able to keep them for long if they're any good. Hold any one of them back against their will and that will stop the flow pretty quickly; so let's enjoy watching them while we can and hope that occasionally we uncover a jewel (O'Nien may be one such)

• yes he should not be stopped if he wants to move but we should still not be blackmailed to sell for cheap like we have before

• Crikey, blackmail is a serious suggestion, who's blackmailed us...? And what didn't we want people to know, that we gave into it?

• My latest blog is about Aaron Pierre and features an interview with the man himself...
    http://philcatchpole.com/2016/01/21/powerful-pierre/

• good interview.

• @TheAndyGrahamFanClub , I think you're bang on with your rating of Pierre, and I'd go as far as to say when he's out we have a major problem.

But I think you're a bit off in comparing Stewart v Pierre to Pierre v Mawson.

Although Mawson did get a lot of plaudits, he was a ball playing mastreo the likes of League 2 hasn't seen in decades, but Pierre was very much top of the rest of the centre backs in the league. As a combo they were sensational.

Stewart is a good couple of notches below both, and for me, isn't back to his first spell form. Good game at Villa yes, but I'd say he's a bit up and down, and benefits hugely playing next to Pierre.

I would really fear for us if we had to play Stewart/Rowe, Stewart/McCarthy as a combo for any real length of time, as we've been so spoilt this last couple of years.

I think either would be a decent combo, but not the real strength we've had. Jombati is certainly chomping to get back in the team, and I'd say he's unlucky to be out.