Skip to content

Max (and other stuff!)

2»

Comments

• Regarding lots of players leaving/getting frozen out by Ainsworth...

I think one of his tactics is to pick up players on the free who might be 'diamonds in the rough'. He finds those who have been released with lots of ability, but a history of issues/lack of application, and tries to turn them around.

His success rate is good, but sometimes rather than getting a diamond, he just gets a rough one he can't fix (e.g. Banton, Morgan).

• We may have bad days at work but if my employers were funded by customers then i would be openly rude or id lose my job

• Holloway runs into the dressing room to get out of the cold. 5 mins go by and no one else appears. Oh yes he thinks, 4000 fans having paid good money to watch me play I forgot about that! Does he a) come back out and clap the supporters for their effort, b) sit on Twitter and come up with a lame excuse or c) bugger off to play the rest of the season in Scotland. Take option c Arron, I for one have had it with you. And whilst you are up there playing rubbish football take a look at yourself and grow up.

• Looks like we have our illiterate drummer to thank for Holloway's locked Twitter account...

@TopGamingContro @AaronHollz mate his attitude stinks when down the dam turnle and not clapped us brill

@stallwood95 @AaronHollz mate he blocked me what do you mean Alex I want him out get out of are club Holloway get out

@stallwood95 @AaronHollz dude I ain't giving no crap to him walking down turnle and not looking up to us

• @drcongo said:
    Looks like we have our illiterate drummer to thank for Holloway's locked Twitter account...

Proving beyond doubt the old adage about the intelligence of drummers.

Why (as a player) would you bother with Twitter?

• Personally I would make it a condition of football players contracts that they didn't use twitter or other social media publically. more trouble than its worth.

• Do you think they have a footballers on Twitter training course where they are taught set phrases?

"gutted with the result"
    "lads were brilliant"
    "we go again Saturday"
    "fans were amazing"

It's all pretty much the virtual equivalent of kissing the badge isn't it?

• If only Tommy Doherty had been on that course.

• His refusal to play along with that sort of bullshit is one of the many reasons that made him the hero that he was

• Agreed Eric but then I suspect you are an old fart like me.

twitter can have its uses (team news, announcing gigs etc) but generally I don't really get it - I don't care that you having ham and chips for dinner tonight, or that your car has broken or that your partner tripped over this morning LOL.

Couldn't we go a step further than banning professional footballers from using it and just ban twitter.

• Twitter is great.

My favourite Tommy Doherty tweet is quoted in this article http://www.boyfrombrazil.co.uk/2011/06/tommy-doherty-an-apology/

well who is the mug there then, whilst you work I play golf or sleep or do whatever the fuck I like clownboy

• Interesting article. Personally I do not do twitface and it seems to me outside of news updates like game postponements it's just a pr disaster waiting to happen.

As for AAH he didn't even look like he was enthusiastic in the warm up and despite some good touches (nice flick on with his first touch) he was a little quiet. I sincerely hope he can get over his demons and play like we know he can, a firing AAH would be an asset in this league.

• Tommy Doherty is a great example actually. I don't think he ever acknowledged the fans, but that didn't stop him from being a favourite.

• Wood and Holloway are both way off the form they showed last year. However the difference between them is that Wood still always gives 100% for the club, whereas Holloway just strolls around and gives the impression that he couldn't give a toss.

• I like Twitter but I can't follow a footballer as they are generally excruciatingly dull. Not their fault of course - any half way interesting opinion will be spun to make trouble for them.

'We go again' is the new 'keep the faith'.

• I don't care that you having ham and chips for dinner tonight, or that your car has broken or that your partner tripped over this morning LOL.

The words of a man who doesn't use Twitter but thinks he knows what it is.

I like Twitter but I can't follow a footballer as they are generally excruciatingly dull.

The words of a man who has used Twitter.

• the drummer who btw is an absolute bell end should not be abusing AAH over twitter, GA will sort out what he did and didn't do and why and we should allow him to do that and if he feels that moving him on then fine. He won't get in Rangers team if he can't get in here ahead of old man thompson.

• I don't think you're in any position to label anyone a bell richy. Where's that loan keeper? Where's that striker? It's all BS, attention seeking nonsense.

Let's lay off the drummer a bit as well eh, with the negative comments. He actually has a condition that I won't go into meaning he has a carer each game!
    He's a good lad, madly obsessive for the team.

Which, reading his twitter account talking about quitting, not drumming and following another team a bit sad (true sense of the word)

• no he is trying to force AAH out of the club, read the tweet !!!!

• silly emotional nonsense. you get that from people who the club is 99.9% of their lives!

The rest of us and try and keep a little balance :-)

• He's changed his mind now anyway...

I love @AaronHollz he is a true a pro and his dm made me cry

• @Malone said:
    I don't think you're in any position to label anyone a bell richy. Where's that loan keeper? Where's that striker? It's all BS, attention seeking nonsense.

Let's lay off the drummer a bit as well eh, with the negative comments. He actually has a condition that I won't go into meaning he has a carer each game!
    He's a good lad, madly obsessive for the team.

Which, reading his twitter account talking about quitting, not drumming and following another team a bit sad (true sense of the word)

Thank you malone the lad goes up and down the country the club is his life it was in the heat of the moment.....rm calling him a bell shows how much depth he/she/it lacks dear oh dear

• @bigred87 said:

Thank you malone the lad goes up and down the country the club is his life it was in the heat of the moment.....rm calling him a bell shows how much depth he/she/it lacks dear oh dear

Hear hear....

• I travel to every game swell but don't abuse players on there personal social media

• @richmayes999 said:
    I travel to every game swell but don't abuse players on there personal social media

@richmayes999 said:
    I travel to every game swell but don't abuse players on there personal social media

Do you have learning difficulties and a carer........actually don't answer that

• I just hope Richie is a teen/early 20s guy.

If he's some middle aged guy it really makes you ask questions about his conduct on here.