Skip to content

North Korea-Aston Villa

'Thank you for sending me the photo of your banner, unfortunately in the away area allocated to WW there are no spaces to place a banner of that size without obscuring the  permanently placed AV club banners or impeding other spectator views. Thank you for having the foresight to ask and please understand we are unable to store any banners at VP.'

I declare a flag day. Everybody bring your flags to Villa Park as is your right. If you dont have a flag, bring any old bit of fabric

Comments

• Also, we should whine about it at every opportunity and demand that something must be done, like this: https://www.change.org/p/football-association-wembley-stadium-allow-banned-supporter-funded-flag-into-the-fa-cup-final

• Is anyone bringing Brian Parkin's clean sheet?

• Disgusting. Im following grimsbys leading and smacking stewards with inflatables. 8 bed sheets packed for tomoro already. Wycombe flags handy too

• Steal the av banners as reprisal for the wheelchair

• Good luck with that! I think what they're referring to is not a banner as such; it's the commentary from the European Cup final and it runs most of the length of the stand.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4055/4630552751_e0f64a8f95.jpg

Still, if you do manage to hide it down your trousers and get it back to Adams Park, we can adapt it to show Westy's goal at Wembley...

• Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience. Our problem is that people all over the world have obeyed the dictates of leaders…and millions have been killed because of this obedience…Our problem is that people are obedient allover the world in the face of poverty and starvation and stupidity, and war, and cruelty. Our problem is that people are obedient while the jails are full of petty thieves… (and) the grand thieves are running the country. That’s our problem.

• Nothing is more difficult, and therefore more precious, than to be able to decide.

• They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

• @LX1 Tired and emotional at the dispatch box?

• Blue army!

• ..can I wear me woolly hat and scarf.

• I've always fancied driving on the right side of the road. Your post has inspired me to throw off concerns from the state thought police and do whatever I damn well want. Sod everybody else.

Seriously there are some great moral issues that are worthy of making a stand against Authority - taking a banner to a football match probably isn't one of them.

• @LX1
    Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience. Our problem is that people all over the world have obeyed the dictates of leaders…and millions have been killed because of this obedience…Our problem is that people are obedient allover the world in the face of poverty and starvation and stupidity, and war, and cruelty. Our problem is that people are obedient while the jails are full of petty thieves… (and) the grand thieves are running the country. That’s our problem.

That'd make a great banner

• A great big banner