Skip to content

Match day thread: Hartlepool

Comments

• Can anyone provide me with a link to the commentary or inform me on the three counties frequency. Would be much appreciated.

• BSEBSE
    edited January 2016

its on 3CR DAB im not sure how you get hold of that though sorry @leo030500

• strongest bench we've had in yonks.

Real options to change it rather than padding for numbers.

• @Malone; Unfortunately, we can't pit our bench versus their bench.

• Strange selection re; Ugwu though. I wish him well but he has never impressed for me.

• He's looked useful so far, won plenty of headers and worked a few chances to shoot although his passing hasn't been great. I'd still rather have Amadi-Holloway up front.

• Hes playing ok at the moment. Our most likely chance of creating something. A fairly poor game so far, with few chances. It's also rather cold

• Will be interesting what Ainsworth does for the 2nd half. A few of our midfielders have gone MIA so will we stick to the status quo, change it after 10 minutes or make changes in the 70-80 minute ?

• @Ciderk1d , cheeky, you know what I mean though.

Some games you look at the bench and there's nothing that can remotely affect things.

• @Malone; I couldn't help myself.

• Also, Pools fans remarkably quiet

• Udamaga give him a go

• edited January 2016

A lot better when we made the substitutions, could have made them sooner rather than later, from the moment we did make the tactical changes, it was one way traffic. Well done Ainsworth and the lads you gave it your all.

• 2 losses against piss poor opponents with tough games coming up we needed wins from these games

• 17 goal attempts with only 7 on target.

• From the commentary it sounded like we battered them in the second half and played well with Ugwu getting special mention.

• We huffed and puffed but no end product

• was always going to be an ask right before the Villa game.

A shame to lose, but now we can have a real go on Tuesday.

• Sounded like we where denied a stone wall penalty, with us, non stop attacking, desperate defending, saves and off the line by Hartlepool.

Was we rused by the commentary as I thought it we gave it a right crack when the subs came on and not just the last 10 minutes as mentioned on Phill's twitter, posted by Adam Clift ?

• Looked a stonewell from our end. But ref was woeful.

• I had a decent view of the incident and it looked a clear penalty to me. The last 35 mins it was prudominantly WW attacking, especially after the subs on 68 mins. Hartlepool sat deeper and deeper and the relief of the home fans was palpable when the whistle blew at FT. Some decent last ditch blocks, a few decent saves and missing that little bit of luck when the ball was in their area. However, WW were disappointing in the first half.

• Thanks Phil? for confirming I don't need a hearing aid just yet.

• Unlucky to lose in the end, no question of the players saving themselves for Tuesday as they threw everything at Hartlepool for the last 30 minutes but just didn't get the breaks. Great to see Hayes back.

• Referee was shocking, everytime we have him I wonder how he is a FL official.

• Sad but true about the referee, where was the other official (linesman), guess he was thinking about his next game he's going to officiate.

• 100% a penalty if that was in the prem they would be having kittens in the MOTD studio.

• Thanks @BSE Looks like on another day we could have 2 or 3.. so shouldn't feel too bad.