Skip to content

Bless those plucky non leaguers

Someone's gone and produced a mug to commemorate their historic cup win against Swansea reserves. "One of the greatest FA Cup upsets in history," they say. I guess when you've been so rubbish for so many years you take your moments of glory where you can. http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/14205959.Souvenir_mug_goes_on_sale_for_charity_to_celebrate_historic_FA_Cup_victory/

Comments

• edited January 2016

I didn't realise it wasn't the Swansea first XI !
    so just checked...

Swansea City line up against pnl
    13 Nordfeldt
    32 Shephard
    27 Bartley
    02 Amat
    14 Tabanou (Kingsley - 60' )
    24 Cork
    21 Grimes (Barrow - 76' )
    11 Emnes
    08 Shelvey
    20 Montero
    18 Gomis

Swansea City line up in Wednesdays game against Sunderland (lost 4-2)
    01 Fabianski
    26 Naughton
    33 Fernandez
    06 Williams
    03 Taylor
    07 Britton (Rangel - 42' )
    04 Ki Sung-yueng
    58 Barrow
    23 Sigurdsson
    15 Routledge (Gomis - 77' )
    10 Ayew (Cork - 91' )

However, the Villa team (including the bench) in Tuesdays game against Palace (won 1-0)
    contained ALL the same players that lined up against us on Saturday...

• Oxford 'Mugs' says it all

• I didn't realise the Swansea team was weakened that much will have to mention that to some of my smug faced colleagues they are getting very annoying at the moment. You would think they may have a chance of the champions league the way they talk things up.

• But give them credit, no matter how much we dislike them, they had a very good result at Millwall and now look favourites for a Wembley visit.

• Hopefully roofe and Sercombe leave in this window and then there season will only go one way..........

• Speaking to a reasonable and well balanced PNL fan this week, he commented that it really is shit or bust for them this season, as their wage bill is not sustainable. And if promotion is not achieved, there would be big budget cuts.
    They owe the former owner 12 millions, and Daryl Eales consortium have pumped in somewhere between 3 and 5 million already. All this while they have to pay Kassam 700k a year rent.
    It's all quite puzzling what is happening over there in Cowley.

• They also still haven't paid back all those people who lost their pension in order to pay for the club's previous follies.

• No need to go overboard Drc

• They should receive the Marseille treatment and have there Trophy list expunged during the time that they were being backed with the help of stolen money.