Skip to content

Mark Philo

Today is the tenth anniversary of the tragic passing of Mark Philo and Patricia Gammon, the other victim in his accident.

While his deeds in the incident that lead to his death cannot be condoned, it is very sad to think of a young life wasted in this way. I wonder where he would have been now. Thoughts to both families on what I am sure will be a difficult day.

A lesson to us all never ever to drink and drive.

Comments

• here here !!

• Ten years. Wow. I'll never forget the tears I shed that day for a young footballer taken from us so young and a grandmother on her way to meet her grandchild for the first time if memory serves. I had a shirt made up with his name and number on the back which I still have and continued to wear even after the verdict that he wasn't as innocent as first thought. The event should serve as a reminder to anyone who ever thinks they will chance that couple of drinks and then drive home.

• Agreed. We all know the story, but he paid the highest price, and the whole thing was a complete disaster in what was a terrific first half of that season in all ways.

• I can't believe it was ten years ago. We all make mistakes but they don't usually cost us our lives. Tragic in every way.