Skip to content

man city

Comments

• Reasoanable incentive to beat Villa.

• Just a bit ayyyy I'm so excited for the replay

• Should put another 1000 on our Villa Park following!

• We have a good record against Man City..played them twice, won twice if my memory serves me right

• Let's hope so... one thing I will say Saturdays game hasn't even crossed my mind we play Hartlepool away Saturday big test for Gareth to get the team to get a result,the last league game was a disgrace we played like a Sunday league team the fa cup is special etc. But I'd rather go out and get our league form back on track we've ghosted back into the play offs unnoticed and if we can ad one or two quality players like sam/nico there's no reason we can't go beyond last season

• going to take his motivational skills to get them 100% on it on Saturday I fear!

Hope Bean and Hayes are involved, both to see them make a welcome return, but also as they'll make sure everyone around them puts full effort in.

• @bigred87 You'd rather lose to Villa to protect our league form? Sorry, but that baffles me. Being a lower league football fan is all about days like Villa away and potentially City at home. And as it is, we'll almost certainly be out of the cup by the end of the month, so can focus on the league then. We could wait a generation to draw a top premier league side in the cup, whilst we'll get another crack at the league in August...

• I wonder if the TV execs will look more favourably at our replay knowing they could see the winner banking a home tie with City.
    I am sure the Villa fans would really fancy City at home on their form.

• Does anyone know when they will confirm the replays which will be broadcast - need to book flight for the replay

• I don't know what I want my minds all over the place with excitement deep breath bigred

• @MBS We beat them twice in the league but they beat us in the League Cup (when they were a Prem side), 0-0 at AP, 4-0 at Maine Road. 1996 I'd guess it was.

• I remember the 4-0 defeat at Maine Road, we really fancied our chances that night, but performed poorly. The team (John Williams in particular) took some terrible stick from the Wycombe fans. I hope, if it comes to it, we're not so harsh on the players again, if we end up struggling against City!

• blimey, our fans gave stick to our boys for losing to a Premier league team away?
    Have to chuckle.

• @Malone said:
    blimey, our fans gave stick to our boys for losing to a Premier league team away?
    Have to chuckle.

Genuinely don't remember that. But it was the Alan Smith era - they were ugly times.

• I remember the game. Use Rosler scored at least two. Don't remember hearing any stick towards the team though.

• edited January 2016

meh

• edited January 2016

meh

• Matt Ingram has missed all the good games so far, I'm hoping we can perform against villa. A home game against city would be great for Ingram to make up for his disappointment and more money to take the club forward. We always seem to be unlucky on draws for cup games !

• Worst part of the city away game was when they brought on their sub keeper as an outfield player. Was taking the piss somewhat

• @arnos_grove @Right_in_the_Middle Shocking evening. "What a waste of money" directed towards John Williams - something like his fifth game for the club.