Skip to content

Tottenham equaliser may have cost us £££s

....as I think that replay and Liverpool Exeter are nailed on for TV coverage

Comments

• More like likely to be the wycomve game thsn the Exeter one surely as more chance of an upset...

• I agree now that result has come in, us and Leicester for TV

• Would be massively surprised if they televise a league 2 team away at a Premier league team, if that Premier league team isn't United/Pool/Chelsea!

Will be delighted though, less for a tv replay, but still as much as £67,500 is it?

• Under normal circumstances I agree however I think we have a real change of causing an upset..where do we find out?

• it won't be decided until tomorrow will it at the earliest

• Can't see the Liverpool Exeter being shown. .I reckon we have a fair chance. Not sure how many replays are shown on tv.

• I think Leicester Spurs is pretty much nailed on. Reading the minds of TV execs on other choices is a futile exercise. The club and the team didn't do itself any harm yesterday though.

• Fingers crossed...BT to show wycombe (like first game) and spurs on BBC (like first game)

• FA website has all the 3rd rnd replays on Tuesday 19th Jan, with the exception of the Liverpool vs Exeter which is listed for Weds 20th jan. http://www.thefa.com/thefacup/fixtures

• and says they can be moved for TV underneath. thats just the day AV play midweek, every club has a set day.

• Bristol City v WBA has potential as well, just because the prem team is away from home. I think it'll be the Liverpool and Leicester games though - the TV companies always choose the bigger prem teams, and the prospect of Liverpool playing a weakened side will keep the upset potential alive.

• Seems weird why the Liverpool fixture is allocated the weds though if TV coverage hasn't been finalised?

• Liverpool are playing on the Sunday, so assume they would play on the Weds and not the Tues whether on TV or not.

• I hope the talk of Villa fans boycotting the game doesn't come to pass.

I fear a tv game would make a massive dent though, and the 67.5k (>?) wouldn't make up for the swathes of missing fans.

Let's hope both worries are wrong, and we get tv, and a 32-35,000!

• Let's not forget as a fan this cup replay is more about the atmosphere, the event and the memories. Anyone who reads this forum enough knows how frustrated I get with all this talk about money this and money that. An empty stadium won't help the experience so I hope the memories for sure but for me if we go to Villa Park and win the crowd and money earned are not important.

• Best outcome for the Wanderers, Villa get thumped in the next two games v Palace and Leicester. Randy Lerner gives Garde the sack, and appoints a management trio of Gary Shaw,Gordon Cowans and Tony Morley.
    The Brummies and media people will be clambouring over the walls to get into villa Park, every one's a winner !!

• Right in the middle, totally get what your saying however money Is massively important especially to our club...the quick we pay off the debts the quicker we can move forward... BT seemed really impressed by us and mansger...hopefully this will put us ahead of Exeter for the televised game!

• Of course agree the first thing is the glamour, and to be honest I was half hoping we'd draw, as I fancied the big premier league away game experience, we haven't had that in the FA cup since 2002 after all. These are rare days.

But it'd be churlish to overlook that if we could get a 300-400k haul from the away leg, with a debt around 2m, that's a huge unbudgeted chunk off.

The sooner we can account for the debt, the sooner we can get the youth system back in, and really start becoming self sustaining rather than just existing.

• Well said Righty.

• BSEBSE
    edited January 2016

(Edited) sorry posted in wrong section!

• Be careful......you might get told off....!

• @Pete said:
    Be careful......you might get told off....!

Surprised you didn't start a new thread for that comment!

• Nice one Malone