Skip to content

Wycombe life academy

Comments

• Think it's been going for most of the current season. So far has proven to be a big success and I suspect that many other clubs will follow a similar path.

• most of the players who live in the house don't play, probably have 6 or 7 appearances between them excluding McCarthy who is here on loan.

• @richmayes999 What's the latest on Banton, I believe he was in the house at the beginning of the season but seems to have been kicked out once McCarthy got here? Are we stuck with him till the end of the season or can we offload him to someone/anyone?

If we are stuck with him is there any chance Gareth gives him another go or have bridges been burnt beyond repair?

• Marvellous idea, especially for the young lads from massive distance away who have no links in the area, and would otherwise presumably be sat on their own for large parts of the week.

Works on every level, company, affordability, an eye on where they are, especially with a staff member, albeit junior one in there too!

• Jason was in the house I understand until he went to Hartlepool. No room for him now and I would expect him to be paid off as he is no in GA plans, he doesn't work hard and has minimal talent and probably will drift out of the game. Ephraim on the other hand has immense talent and has drifted out of the game aswell which is a shame.

• A clue to @richmayes999 nationality. He said ".......as he is no in GA's plans."

• its a typo, Im British

• Dinna be ashamed of admitting you're Scottish. Typo indeed.

• yes Im scottish and wear shorts in all weathers and travel on the independent coach

• Getting back on topic I love the idea of the house. Makes so much sense, especially when you add in the Fred story from last season.

I thought the BT coverage as a whole was good yesterday. Good coverage in the pre game show and far more understanding and detail from the experts discussing the game than Sky manage. Great to see and hear Martin but David James had clearly done some homework for his Luton interview. The game commentary was respectful to us as well. Just shows it can be done amongst so much generic lower league coverage.

• Thought so. I'm known to be Claire Voyant (but not until after 6 o'clock).

• where is the house? I assume it's booker somewhere if the players can walk to training as GA made reference to.

• An excellent initiative - but trust that oaf Mayes to pour scorn upon it.

• ignore facility. but then stop mentioning him.
    he'll soon get bored.

• If you use "ignore" then you will lose the thread. So that us not an option, really. And - I am sorry to say idiots do not soon get bored. Might get run over though.

• Inhabitants.... Rowe, kretzschmar, Lynch, McCarthy and one of the young physio's

• No you don't lose the thread just the comments from the ignored person.

• Not sure on what basis @richmayes999 is being accused of pouring scorn. This thread is about the life academy* and he's not criticised that, has he?
    * apologies for silly sidetracking
    re his Scottish nationality

• Micra - please stop side-tracking the thread by making it about an individual poster. You aren't getting a response because most people are bored and are now ignoring the poster, but in a response from richmayes s/he points out that the players using the house don't play much. That's the only negative remark on the thread about what seems to be an excellent idea.

• Agreed Baldric, an idea that it could only take a WUM to pour scorn on.

It goes beyond us doing what's just good for us as a football club, it's helping a bunch of young guys learn some life skills too.

I'm amazed how blessed we are with this management combo, taken it to new levels from previous managers.

• @Baldric - I've apologised for my aberration and will desist with immediate effect.

• @Baldric - I should perhaps also add that I have been fulsome in my praise for this excellent initiative both on here and elsewhere.