Skip to content

The Opposition View - Aston Villa

Comments

• Love this comment

"Great result, rock solid performance, shame we couldn't build on the 1-0 lead, but when you're away against arguably one of the biggest clubs in Buckinghamshire you have to be pleased with a draw."

• All decent comments from their fans . personally I thought we would get a result today when villa arrived only a hour before ko and as the players got off the coach the players got abuse from their fans.This could not have helped villa players.

• This mirrors all the comments from the Villa fans down the Glass after the game.

• If they go down and Garde leaves I wouldn't be at all surprised if they tapped up Ainsworth. As one of their fans said, he's exactly the sort of manager they need at the moment - and even more so in the Championship. He'll have impressed them yesterday - and it's not like they don't have a record of nicking our gaffers...

• They can tap all they like. Computer says "no".

• edited January 2016

another very embarrassing statement, Ainsworth has alot to learn before even managing in League 1 let alone the Championship and it would be similar to Wesley going to Preston he would get hounded out for playing dross football.

• @bourne70 I know "lol" (a right rib-tickler) but LMFAO? DMAF.

• BSEBSE
    edited January 2016

The one that got me was Garde saying "we also had to play long balls because of the pitch" is this just a default statement for premier league managers when they play lower league teams? Considering our pitch was relaid in the summer surely it cant be in that bad a state, it looks ok to me but then I'm no expert on grounds keeping.

• All the commentators for BT said the pith was very good and that excuse can no longer be made.

• Its good but nothing like the billiard table at Villa Park

• @richmayes999 have you been to Villa Park recently then?

• why would I need to go to Villa Park, its one of the best surfaces in the premier league.

• How do you know?

• im not at all surprised that one of them mentioned Pierre .... yesterday has really put him in the shop window now, id be amazed if he's here next season, but just hope we can hang onto him for the rest of this one

• Ive been to the ground since you have which was probably in 2001.

• Wrong! How about addressing the questions I keep asking regarding the imminent striker and goalkeeper?

• Where's the striker at Richard