Skip to content

Comments

• Thanks guys, great read as always. If sobering. Cheers

• I understand, from what Paul Hayes said in the exec. boxes last week, that his injury is a small tear in a calf muscle (rather than anything to do with an ankle), and that he does not expect to be out for very long.

• If that's the case @AlgernonFudgebucket it is very good news - second only to the Harriman hoorah.

• Both Hayes & Bean are available for selection tomorrow according to the BFP.

• The BFP article does go on to say "Ainsworth stressed that while Bean and Hayes are available they would not be rushed back unless he deemed them fully fit."

• The following, taken from a Betfair promotional email about 6 potential cup upsets, may slightly amuse...:

Six FA Cup upsets just waiting to happen

Wycombe Wanderers v Aston Villa
    For anyone looking for potential upsets this weekend this tie jumps out and kisses you because stranger things have happened and Villa might just grab something.
    Remi Garde would do well to play a showreel of Ronnie Radford's rocket and Mickey Thomas' wonderful floater prior to the game to remind his boys that miracles very occasionally are possible.

• I'm very excited. I guess that, being older, the FA Cup still means more to me. So I've read a fair amount of stuff on line today. I've seen so many variants of the "potential upset - Villa could win" line that I'm getting bored of them now.

• edited January 2016

Going to be very interesting game. Hopefully we don't give away to many free kicks around the box and we interrupt their possession, believe we got a chance. My issue is if we can provide enough quality balls to our attacking players, if we can I think this will turn into a epic draw. My prediction 1-1.

• A great test of Gareth's Wycombe I think. Hopefully we'll get to half-time at least on equal terms!!

• If we play with heart and determination shown at times this season for example at Luton then we may break the villas spirit as they will be low in confidence

• Looks like there will be a break in the rain during the game but the conditions won't be great which could be a factor.

• Let the build up begin...To the pub for breakfast....A walk to the game to soak up the atmosphere. Having watched Exeter last night, I feel more exited and a tad more confident. COYC