Skip to content

Posts being edited

2»

Comments

• The old gasroom was moderated in a fairly random fashion by unknown persons, so no great change really. Technically Argyle Phil was not much more than annoying but he was banned to the great delight of many.

And if you think moderating gives one a buzz, you should try cleaning up the never ending queue of 'I AM THE NEW ONE' posts that get caught by the spam filter. Not something anyone's likely to get much of a thrill out of.

As long as more than one person is involved there will be some inconsistency. I, for example, viewed @bourne70's posts about Luton as being a lot worse than he clearly did but I'm not aware that anything was edited in that tread before its closure. Although perhaps it should have been.

• @AttitudeEra You can see whether posts have been edited - but it doesn't show whether by the author or by a moderator.

@bourne70 I'll just have to wait until you're out playing golf before I do those sneaky edits ;)

• Yes crucial instead of cruciate. Thank you Tom.

• @Chris Not sure if possible, but perhaps adding in an 'edited by XXX' would be the best way to do things.

• That would be one for @drcongo

• @arnos_grove . I was not the only one and there was almost a debate on the subject until you shut the discussion .

• You are such a freedom fighter @bourne70 aren't you? A young Julian Assange. Keep up the good work, the world needs you.

• @bourne70 said:
    arnos_grove . I was not the only one and there was almost a debate on the subject until you shut the discussion .

For your info @bourne70 I didn't shut the discussion. I prefer it left there as a reminder of your ignorance. My personal opinion anyway.

• The ignore user option is a good one, as most will just ignore richy at source.

I'm surprised they bother editing him though, as that's presumably time consuming, having to read all his posts and tweak a few WUM ones. Why not just delete off full stop?

• Personally I'm grateful to the moderators/editors. They do a sterling job of correcting my numerous factual inaccuracies (usually due to a failing memory on my part). So thanks - whoever you are

• The way I look at it is that whilst @richmayes999 is posting unfounded drivel on here he is not bothering others. Its our care in the community project if you will.
    Don't both editing his posts. Just don't read them. SCROLL

• I'd like to thank the moderators for all they do looking after the forum. It can't be easy and must be time consuming. Thank you all.

I am though not sure I agree with editing posts. I can see why some abusive or liveliest ones would but why those expressing views as facts? It will be interesting if the policy continues for all posters (DevC's presumptions for example) as it must take an age to monitor and ,for me anyway, looks a bit like the grammar police in action. Some people find it easier to others to express views in writing. All should be allowed to contribute.

• edited January 2016

People always say "Just scroll past" the WUM posts. But this new forum means you can't. You have to read it, then the nonsense has sunk into your head. Not to mention the thread gets hijacked from people trying to correct said WUM.

The ignore function is much better.