Skip to content

Pierre Transfer

It's floating around online that Pierre is going to Sheffield United. A twitter transfer account is hardly confirmation, but it's reporting 125k for him - which in today's ludicrous market would be an absolute robbery.

Comments

• There is no way that we can sell him for that fee, I know we sell players for pittance howler he has still 2 years left on his contract, he is worth at least 500k. Please don't make.Out club a laughing stock, what's the point in getting young players in then selling them for close to.nothing.??

• There was a scout taking notes on him on Saturday, but didn't see which club he was from.

• I wouldn't have thought there will be any deals until after the Villa game as the result might have a big impact on our financial position.

• We simply cannot do without Pierre. If he is to go then let us hang onto him until the end of the season. He is certainly worth £500,000.

• 23 year old (near enough) defender moving from a Lg2 club to a lg1 club. £500k? In your dreams son.

If Pierre is now ready for a move, no doubt we will let it be known around the relevant clubs. Then he will be worth whatever someone is willing to pay.

Doubt it would be much more than £150k plus a decent sell-on.

Would be a great shame to see him go, but i trust all would wish him well on his way up the ladder.

• However, the reality is that he is far better than division 2 and we are a selling club. I doubt we could resist the money. Wwfc2015 is right though, I hope Howard and his cronies don't just give him away like they did with Josh etc.

• We wont sell Arron until the summer unless a very good offer comes in, why should we ? He has 18 months on his contract left, although our financial position is not great, it's a lot better than it was, and no fire sale is needed.
    And what ambition does it set to your other promising young players, if you sell your best players on the cheap ?
    And with Rowe being way down the pecking order, and Stewart not being too convincing at CB, it would leave only McCarthy to fill Arrons boots, and he may only be our player for another month.

• Pierre can't pass a ball, he isn't ready to play league one and 500k in your dream. Be lucky to realise half that at best. But this all untrue.

• We can all rest easy in our beds now @richmayes999 has told us what is going on.

In all seriousness though it saddens me to hear people slagging off our young talent and also those who are all to happy for us to move on for a couple of pieces of silver. Any long term plan for this club has to be built around the younger players staying. We can't keep offering longer deals to the 30 somethings an selling the younger players at the first offer. We will be running to stand still if we continue to do that.

Aaron Pierre is a fantastic player. We did so well to sign him up to a long term deal and it would be a poor show if this was cashed in at the first offer.

• He's powerful, Pierre.

Top player - I'd be gutted to lose him. However, I'd be delighted if this forum could lose @richmayes999 instead. He'd be worth a packet of twiglets in a transfer to the Facebook page.

• I'd hope that he would only go in the case of Gaz guaranteeing McCarthy being around until June. 500K is probably excessive, but 125k far too cheap.

Also, if with interest around him, Pierre has implied he won't sign a contract extension, then 18 months is the right time to cash in on him. This is all however, wild specualtion.

• He would be a big loss but with McCarthy, Stewart and Rowe we have three other centre-backs who are at least League Two standard. And @ChasHarps I think it would send an excellent message to our other promising young players, that we won't stand in their way if an offer comes in that will see them boost their career.

I have no idea what the going rate for a promising League Two centre-back is these days but, given Mawson isn't setting the world alight one division above us, I think we need to be realistic about how much we can sell for. I think John Stones has set expectations a little high - not every young, promising lower-league defender is going to go for millions.

• @arnos_grove I believe you have overvalued @richmayes999 personally!

• While there may or may not be any substance behind this story, the knee jerk reactions here are rather illuminative.

WWFC is a bottom two divisions football club. it probably always will be (at best). We are struggling financially and have no sugar daddy to plug the holes.

We have developed a rather impressive model to cope with these realities. While we have no youth system of our own, we have sent the message out to young players, either on loan or permanently, come to WWFC, you'll probably get regular first team football with some good old pros to show you the way, you'll get good coaching and you'll become a better player. You can then move on up the ladder with our blessing.
    Young talent seems to be buying that message. Our message is not "come to Wycombe and stay here for the rest of your career".

That system results in WWFC attracting better players than it probably has any right to. One look at the accounts also shows that player sales are vital to the survival of the club. A real win-win situation. Long may it continue. Hopefully somewhere down the road we'll get lucky and develop a good young attacking talent (and then not fritter away his sell-on!) - that seems to be largely where the money is.

Who knows what Aaron Pierre is worth in the transfer market. If offers are coming in and he feels he is ready to go, then I am sure we will be touting his name to all relevant clubs to see who will offer the most. The ones who offer the most are by definition establishing his market value. If he fancies that club at that market value, let him go with our best wishes. If he believes there is something better out there for him, fine show him and encourage him how to improve further and maybe a better offer will come in the summer.

• i understand your points above however at the moment we are seen a club where we will sell below the value of the player - this has been the case with many, many players (Scowen, Ibe, Tyson, Williamson to name a few) there are other clubs out there such as Exeter who have sold youngsters for absolute monster fees, if our players are good enough - such as Pierre then we should be not accepting pittance for them - yes we are in a financial predicament however just think if we actually sold players for their value then it would take less time to pay off the debt...

I really hope that management dont have the mentality, lets sell now just because we can and not think, we can sell him for more as there will be clubs willing to pay close to what a player is worth...there is no way that Pierre is valued at ONLY 125k!

• In a practical sense if Pierre wants to go there is not a lot you can do nowadays as power tends to rest with players and their agents. It is no good holding on to an unhappy player (if that is the case here) and you have to more or less take what is offered.

• Could you give me the full terms of the contract to sell Scowen, Ibe, Tyson and Williamson please. And also those of similar players at similar clubs. Without it, not sure how you can judge whether fees have been reasonable.

Matt Grimes was a very rare one off of a player seen as a likely England player. He does not set the benchmark against which the likes of Aaron Pierre, fine young talent that he is, should be measured against.

• Whether it be 125 or 500 (the latter I very much doubt) one should also factor in the amount Brentford will get.
    I am pretty confident that our no deposit pay later transfer dealings will be hugely weighted towards his previous club.

• I'm willing to pay more than a packet of Twiglets for @richmayes999 to be transferred to the Facebook group.

• @drcongo I will double it!

• The fee is spiralling out of control. Can he be easily replaced ?

• As a schoolboy, won't any fee be determined by a league tribunal?

• I am willing to fill in by claiming everyone on here is an idiot, the team are crap and offer exciting insider information straight from the dressing/board room.

• If this true or speculation, 200k-250k and addons.

As for a replacement, Rowe would slot in nicely and we are closer to our 5 year plan and I would love us to build a youth/u18/21 setup at some stage. Thus find a few more Ibe's and Pierre's, plus those benches can get some meaningful games and match fitness.

• Losing Pierre's power and aerial ability would be an absolute disaster, there's no player I'd less want to lose.

Stewart isn't a patch on him, Rowe isn't nearly physical or good enough in the air, and Jombati is better on the right.

Let's hope it's the same as last time this all blew up around Pierre, ie nothing to it.

• It's probably just a lazy rehash. Or Pierre's agent trying to whip something up

• Would you take £125k (in light of the Harriman deal) + a loan back until the end of the season + sell ons?

• just want it to stop raining please.

• @Gordon_Ottershaw No lets just not sell him. If we do then it has to be the summer. He is far to important a player for us in every respect.