Skip to content

Comments

• Not that you made it, but I'm refusing to have the weather attributed much to the loss. We haven't looked much like playing the ball on the floor recently. Morecambe had the same conditions as us. It should've been 0-0, however.

• Well, that's cheered me up. So it wasn't a nightmare. It really happened.
    Don't like to see any player incur a serious injury - least of all one who served Wycombe so well for much of last season but, after two cynical fouls within the first 10 minutes, he was arguably lucky not to have been shown a red card as he was stretchered off.
    It could have been worse. After seeing yellow early on, Luke O'Nien walked a tightrope and with his all-action style of play risked getting a second card and missing the Villa match. Matt Ingram seems doomed when it comes to the big occasions (barring a reprieve) but his loss would be Alex Lynch's gain (again) and, having seen Alex's Man-of-the-Match performance against Leeds, I feel sure that he would be an able deputy.
    By 2.30 pm next Saturday, this afternoon will be consigned to history and we won't be able to believe how two performances could be so different.
    Well, I can dream!

• 2nd para - Peter Murphy of course.